We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

2023 Frugal Living Challenge

1…2728303233…136

Comments

  • boultdj
    boultdj Posts: 5,375
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    boultdj - thats the one I have. What temp do  you use for the strawberries 🍓? I'm going to look out for some cheap ones to have a go. I grow loads in the summer and usually make jam of freeze them, as well as use them fresh, I bet the kids would love them 🙂
    Mine is an old one, no temp on it, it's just on or off, so not a lot of help I'm afraid.
    £71.93/ £180.00
  • tooldle
    tooldle Posts: 1,694
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I make yogurt every week, using 1 pint of whole and 1 pint of semi skimmed milk. I sometimes add a couple of spoons of powdered whole milk to thicken it up. From this I get 6 full pots and a half full pot to use as starter for the next batch. I like unsweetened yogurt. 
    Some years ago I tried making it with a flask and had no luck. I now use a Lakeland yogurt maker (the one with jars). Husband has the Lakeland easy yo and makes those on occasion. He buys the mixes on eBay.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.