Death Certificate

Options
2»

Comments

• bouicca21
    bouicca21 Posts: 6,515 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My parents took out similar policies through (I think) prudential.  But ours were with profits and I think we each ended up with about £50.
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,878 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

Oddjob said:
    what numbers do they want ? is it just the GRO reference as you can get those without ordering the cert 
    I don't know what the numbers are they want.  She said it is the numbers in the top right hand corner of the certificate.  Without being able to see the certificate, I don't know.  

I think that is the application number - curious never known anyone asking for that ! TBH I would see if you can fidn out what the value of the policy is as it may, as other mentioned, be very small

i think I have been oince when dealing with an estate, but can't remember who it was who asked for it.....
  • Oddjob
    Oddjob Posts: 590 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oddjob said:
    what numbers do they want ? is it just the GRO reference as you can get those without ordering the cert 
    I don't know what the numbers are they want.  She said it is the numbers in the top right hand corner of the certificate.  Without being able to see the certificate, I don't know.  

I think that is the application number - curious never known anyone asking for that ! TBH I would see if you can fidn out what the value of the policy is as it may, as other mentioned, be very small
    Yes, I think you are right, I found a photo of a specimen certificate on a website.  Tried all the free record sites and couldn't get to see it so I've had to send for it from .Gov.  They wouldn't tell me anything about it, as I'd not got the numbers they wanted, vicious circle comes to mind. 
  • Oddjob
    Options
    Magnolia said:
    Back in the dark ages I worked for CIS.  That does very much sound like a penny policy that only matured on death.  If you have the policy number then ring head office and enquire 0161 8328686   Oops - seems things have changed 03456 057 777
    I do have the policy number but they wouldn't tell me anything about it as I didn't have the death certificate numbers they wanted.
  • TonyMMM
    TonyMMM Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oddjob said:
    The number in the top right ( which will look something like DX 123456) is the certificate serial number and unique to that piece of paper - completely  unconnected to the information on it.

You could order 50 certificates for the same person's death and they would all have different serial numbers on them ....them asking for that is pointless. 
  • Oddjob
    Options
    TonyMMM said:
    Oddjob said:
    The number in the top right ( which will look something like DX 123456) is the certificate serial number and unique to that piece of paper - completely  unconnected to the information on it.

You could order 50 certificates for the same person's death and they would all have different serial numbers on them ....them asking for that is pointless. 
    I don't know why they wanted it then, they wouldn't give me any information without them.
    Without a certificate in front of me, I didn't know what it was.
    Thanks anyway.  
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure