Switching network with existing ongoing contract

Basically I am thinking of switching from O2 to EE as O2 signal has been down right shocking in the past year. I put in a complaint and they refused to give me a fee free exit from my contract as 'congestion is not their fault' (despite the fact it worked fine until the past 6 months so I put it down to them must have making infrastructure changes but anyway).

I have 3 months or so left on my O2 contract. My hopeful plan is to reduce my O2 contract to the lowest that they will offer me £6 (from £17) and then sign up to an EE contract using my existing phone number. Is there any way of doing this or not as I would need my PAC code (to move my number over) mid contract?

Does anyone have any advise on the best way to go about this?

Many thanks.

Comments

• MikeJXE
    MikeJXE Posts: 3,033
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I have done it in the past by asking for the pac code then at the supplier asking for number porting, thats a few years ago so not sure now 
  • flashg67
    flashg67 Posts: 3,985
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    You can get a PAC at any point - the ones I've had also show the current cost if you then use that PAC. Only thing to check is that you're not signing up to a new minimum term if you change the O2 contract now
  • MikeJXE
    MikeJXE Posts: 3,033
    Forumite
    I switched to sim only month rolling with Plusnet who run on EE network
  • BUFF
    BUFF Posts: 2,185
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    iMarkeh said:

I have 3 months or so left on my O2 contract. My hopeful plan is to reduce my O2 contract to the lowest that they will offer me £6 (from £17)
    Are you sure that this won't start a new contract period?
  • BUFF said:
    iMarkeh said:

I have 3 months or so left on my O2 contract. My hopeful plan is to reduce my O2 contract to the lowest that they will offer me £6 (from £17)
    Quite possibly not, O2 seem to be flexible when amending tariffs. I changed a 20GB/month to 30 y'day, no change to cost or duration of contract. 
  • BUFF said:
    O2 said to me on the phone that I could drop down to only paying £6 until the end of my contract so I am trusting their word.
  • km1500
    km1500 Posts: 2,120
    Forumite
    edited 2 December 2022 at 2:59PM
    strange - doing that would normally trigger a new contract period.

anyway you can probably check.in your app.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback