Check My Group Ltd HMRC refund

Comments

• Try check my group limited office 33 bradford chamber buisness Park newlane bradford bd4 8bx telephone number 01274 062751
  • Hi your not the only one who has received a letter from HMRC telling me that my tax rebate has gone to Check my group limited. I contacted HMRC and they said that there was nothing they could do. They gave me the number they had on file which is  01274062751 and after calling it it does not work. I don't remember contacting this group and am annoyed that they are taken this money from me. I will be lucky to see any of it. I have looked to see if they have any other contact details such as e-mail and low and behold they do not. Only way to contact them is by letter so what to do now ????
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 26 January 2023 at 8:05PM
    Since you agreed to allow them to act as your agent in obtaining the rebate, you have no case unless they withold the rebate for an unreasonable period. After that, send an LBA, but don't expect to recover your money.
    If they do pay you, their fee will be deducted.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    If you search on Companies House, this firm appears to have one director, who is involved in 10 other companies or limited legal partnerships (some with other people). And associated with registered offices in Leeds, Bradford and Otley.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • Make sure you also get it in writing that they are no longer acting for you or they will try and claim things like married couples allowances etc 
    I'm trying to get any answer from a guy running a hmrc scam on Facebook  I texted him I can't  talk to him I'm so angry found his address through someone  here I told him not to act on my behalf anymore I can't find his email but I got his postal address I doubt I'll get the monney back :(
    clientservices@checkmygroup.co.uk but all that will do is probably tell them that you're email is active 

• I received my letter from HMRC on 11th Dec 2022, contacted them 2 days ago to find out where the  cheque has been sent, I too have fell foul with this company. After phoning numerous times it got answered, only to be told it would take a month for the cheque to be sent to me. i would receive £41 instead of the £121.40. Disgusted is not the word. I went back on to HMRC and i was told there was nothing they could do as i had given them permission to claim it and in doing so i had agreed to their conditions. Moral of the story is don`t click on any links that pop up on Facebook
  • I dont remember signing up either - I have called the above number, just disconnects - how do I get a L.B.A. please ?
    Thanks very much
  • you can either call 01274 062751 or you can send an email on clientservices@checkmygroup.co.uk
  • yas212
    yas212 Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Don’t call them! They’ll only try to get more personal details from you - i.e. your post code and date of birth. They know exactly what they’re doing 
  • Unable to get through by phone - no response to email...
    How or where do I get this L.B.A form please? I can only find companies who act on your behalf ( & therefore charge you for unknown return) when I search L.B.A.
    Thank you -
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure