BT Landline

Can you scrap your BT landline and just have the broadband? No option to do this anywhere on their website

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,802
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Kwiss2 said:
    Can you scrap your BT landline and just have the broadband? No option to do this anywhere on their website

What's this then?

• iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 2,974
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Obviously the ‘line’ ( fibre or copper pair) is still there , they just don’t supply any telephony service over it , ( it doesn’t even have an associated phone number ) just ‘standalone’ broadband 
  • FTTP - yes, done exactly that.  Just using my mobile.
  • I let my BT Halo 3 contract expire and it went from £36 to £38. I emailed the retentions team (thanks to MSE article) and also rang the number about leaving BT. I was told over the phone that they couldn't offer me anything and to ring back presumably computers not responding??
    Got a call from retentions team (responding to email) and was eventually offered  deal £24.99 for 24 months (incl. £5 discount per month)  this is Fibre 2 package same speeds. Halo 3 is slightly misleading as the extra cost is to cover them (BT) sending you an extra router in the event of something going wrong or signal loss. Ive added my own booster plugs!
    So saving£13/month - result! Thanks MSE.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback