GfK Media view

The daily surveys now take ages since they added some streaming sites. They still only reward with prize draw entries - does anyone still find them worthwhile?

Comments

• I still do them but actually find the only time I seem to win anything is when I miss a few days. And them win a prize! Got a couple of £5 vouchers recently but that was the first wins for a few years! I have never won anything using the prize draw entries which you earn every day if you do the surveys! The best wins were years ago when I won £50 two months in a row! But that was when they had different draws to the current ones!
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,889 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I still do them but actually find the only time I seem to win anything is when I miss a few days. And them win a prize! Got a couple of £5 vouchers recently but that was the first wins for a few years! I have never won anything using the prize draw entries which you earn every day if you do the surveys! The best wins were years ago when I won £50 two months in a row! But that was when they had different draws to the current ones!
    I have won several £5 on the points prize draws inc the last one but I usually save the points up for weeks before having a go at the £5 draw - in comparison the higher prize points draws are poor value. On the B/S/G weekly draws I won often if I remembered to stop at bronze but have never had a £5 from gold which I usually reach.
    Since they added streaming and changed the format of the survey I find they take too long to complete for something that doesn't offer actual payment and not just prize draw entries. 
  • mjm3346
    They have switched to points you can redeem for vouchers now - but don't show you what you can get until you have 1500 points (equal to 10 days of completing both TV and Radio surveys) - you get £1 for this = 10p a day for completing both surveys - I was thinking £15 for 1500 points was borderline if it was worth the bother but for just £1 they must be joking.
  • BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,464 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    mjm3346 said:
    They have switched to points you can redeem for vouchers now - but don't show you what you can get until you have 1500 points (equal to 10 days of completing both TV and Radio surveys) - you get £1 for this = 10p a day for completing both surveys - I was thinking £15 for 1500 points was borderline if it was worth the bother but for just £1 they must be joking.

I was curious to see what you can redeem them for, though haven't yet obtained enough points.  Sounds like it may not be worth it.

• fly-catchers
    fly-catchers Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I used up all my old points which I had just accumulated over the years. And did about 500 entries for each of the final draws and didn’t win anything! So over the years just the odd £1 or £2 from the other draws they used to do.
  • BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,464 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    I used up all my old points which I had just accumulated over the years. And did about 500 entries for each of the final draws and didn’t win anything! So over the years just the odd £1 or £2 from the other draws they used to do.

I was the same..thought with number of entries may get something but nope
  • mjm3346
    BookWorm said:
    mjm3346 said:

I was curious to see what you can redeem them for, though haven't yet obtained enough points.  Sounds like it may not be worth it.

Seems to be the same Ovations website as before (bit of faff getting the code sent to my mobile they then send an e-mail with the voucher code as before)
    Get 50p per title elsewhere for paid for streaming titles so that's no more GFK for me 
  • fly-catchers
    fly-catchers Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Still trying to get the £1 my current points are worth! Get the message Something went wrong while sending the validation code to your device. Everytime! Bored now with GFK!
  • mjm3346
    edited 2 July 2023 at 4:34PM
    Still trying to get the £1 my current points are worth! Get the message Something went wrong while sending the validation code to your device. Everytime! Bored now with GFK!
    I got that a few times, just clicked for the code again but without getting it even though they said it was sent, messed around a bit with the 44 on my mobile number on the site, eventually got a code to confirm my mobile number and then tried again for a code for the voucher, got it and then they send an ovation code as they used to for the prize draws.
  • chrisbur
    chrisbur Posts: 4,048 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Not only cannot get my £1 coupon but at the moment cannot even get on the site; just get the message
    "Sorry, your credentials (username & password combination) are wrong. Please contact the Helpdesk to get support."
    Have tried updating password but no luck and still waiting for reply from helpdesk.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback