H&A Appliances - Electrical Retailer Website - Potential Scam

mojo293
mojo293 Posts: 82 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
edited 22 November 2022 at 10:16AM in Praise, vent & warnings
Please be cautious of using H&A Appliances, an electrical retailer based in Manchester.

Very poor reviews of the company on Trustpilot, and I myself almost fell victim to them (luckily managed to cancel credit card before payment was taken for my order):

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.haappliances.com

EDIT: Edited further to warning from Admin about asking people not to use this company

Comments

• I paid them £200 for a Hoover that was supposed to be delivered yesterday. Phone number is dead. No reply to emails. Have just contacted CC company to see what o can do 😢
  • I think there was a thread about this recently, didn't someone get some responses when eventually making contact - yes, they did.
    The thread was within the last month or so.
    Maybe read up on that one for more insight.
  • mojo293
    edited 18 January at 9:20PM
    I think there was a thread about this recently, didn't someone get some responses when eventually making contact - yes, they did.
    That was my previous thread on this which was removed for some reason.

There was one person who claims they asked for a reply and the owner (the person listed on companies House) phoned him and said he had been the victim of Identity Theft himself, and had reported it to the authorities. However, the website remains live and active.

That person only made that 1 post on here and posted the same thing as a review on Trustpilot on the same day, so I woudln't take what he said as gospel.
  • TurtleGirl88
    TurtleGirl88 Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 January at 9:20PM
    mojo293 said:
    I think there was a thread about this recently, didn't someone get some responses when eventually making contact - yes, they did.
    That was my previous thread on this which was removed for some reason.

There was one person who claims they asked for a reply and the owner (the person listed on companies House) phoned him and said he had been the victim of Identity Theft himself, and had reported it to the authorities. However, the website remains live and active.

That person only made that 1 post on here and posted the same thing as a review on Trustpilot on the same day, so I woudln't take what he said as gospel.
    Why was the previous thread removed??? My fridge/freezer supposedly arrived today....in Yorkshire !
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,268 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    All you can say if goods do not arrive contact bank for chargeback.

Life in the slow lane
  • Unfortunately I didn't see the warnings about this 'company' being a scam before I ordered a camera. It was supposed to be delivered today @ 5pm (I was slightly suspicious when they gave me an exact time for delivery a week in advance!). So the order didn't arrive and there was no answer to the phone number on the website.
    I then decided to google the 'company' to see if it was a scam... and unfortunately my worst fears were realised.
    A short while after I received an email from the 'company' to say my order had been delivered to the wrong address at 5:08pm ... in East Yorkshire.. which when searched online happens to be a registered company address (different company). The email said the order would take another 7 days to arrive and they were sending a crock pot as a gift and I could also apply for some cash back. If I wanted a refund I had to complete a form giving all my details... which I'm obviously not going to do. 
    So I've raised a dispute with my bank and hoping I'll get my money back. 
  • mojo293
    edited 24 November 2022 at 9:16PM
    TurtleGirl88 said:Why was the previous thread removed??? My fridge/freezer supposedly arrived today....in Yorkshire !
    I guess its because I'd said people should avoid the company (boycott them) which it seems is not allowed, despite the ever growing list of people who are unfortunately being scammed in the same manner each time.

Therefore, to avoid this thread being removed, all I can do is ask people to read the reviews on Trustpilot, and exercise caution before ordering from this company.

As it happens, I received a reply from citizen advice today who have passed my report onto Trading Standards to investigate H&A Appliances. So hopefully they will be invetsigated and this apparent scam is stopped.
  • My hoover apparently was attempted to be delivered in Yorkshire today too. I’m the other end of the country. Apparently they will re deliver next week and send me a free slow cooker and if I send them my card details again they will give me £50 cash back. 🙄🤦🏻‍♀️ Just saw a pig fly! 
     I have contacted my bank, cancelled my card so now have to wait for new card and Lloyds have refunded me the payment while they investigate my claim. 
  • MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    mojo293 said:
    TurtleGirl88 said:Why was the previous thread removed??? My fridge/freezer supposedly arrived today....in Yorkshire !
    *I guess its because I'd said people should avoid the company (boycott them) which it seems is not allowed, despite the ever growing list of people who are unfortunately being scammed in the same manner each time.

Therefore, to avoid this thread being removed, all I can do is ask people to read the reviews on Trustpilot, and exercise caution before ordering from this company.

As it happens, I received a reply from citizen advice today who have passed my report onto Trading Standards to investigate H&A Appliances. So hopefully they will be invetsigated and this apparent scam is stopped.
    *Yes, if you look at the 'edit' on your original post it says -

'EDIT: Edited further to warning from Admin about asking people not to use this company'

If you check the Forum Rules, they state "We appreciate emotions can run high should you experience poor service from companies, but we cannot accept active calls to boycott organisations as we are unable to verify the service you received."

So I guess the thread's in danger of being removed at any time.  
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • mojo293
    edited 25 November 2022 at 11:51AM
    Yeah I did that edit to my first post, as I didn't want to risk another thread about this being removed, as I feel it is important that people are aware of the current practices of this 'company', and are able to read the independent Trustpilot reviews and make their own minds up.

Hopefully people won't believe the excellent 5* reviews on H&A Appliances own website either, as they all have star ratings, yet there is not even a way to add a star rating to a review.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback