Amazon closed my account for complaint about delivery

13»

Comments

• sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 18,869
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    My husband and I have used Amazon for many years and not had any problems.

In that time we have returned three items- One was a fake product which they didn't dispute, second  item was too small. The seller didn't want it returned but refunded me.

The third was a change of mind - the item was bigger than I realised.

I have had one item not delivered. I tracked to a depot 250 miles away where  it stated 'out for delivery'. I wonder where they tried to deliver it.

Amazon immediately refunded me when I pointed out where it was.

The item turned up 2 weeks later , in a rather battered box. Amazon asked for it to be returned and gave me a QR code to use.
  • Jmoo said:
    sheramber said:
    Jmoo said:
    Given high value items & a lot of electronic stuff now has a code to give to the driver on receipt. Failed delivery should be a thing of the past now.
    As driver has to enter code, that only you know. 🤷‍♂️
    That's correct - but it was one of three parcels put into one box.
    Can you explain as you only mentioned a mobile phone missing.?

What is the full story?

Are you saying you ordered three items, including a mobile phone. 

You received a box containing two items , but not the mobile phone.?

Did you have to give a code to get the box?

Was the box sealed with no evidence of tampering?

You only seem to be worried about your Alexa recordings?
    I'm not sure what you're not understanding. I had two high value products delivered with one OTP, all three were supposed to be in the same box, but only two were delivered. I didn't receive the third. Amazon claimed the third parcel was delayed, but now insist it was delivered that day. I've spoken to the police and believe I'll be entitled to get my money back, but my concern is Amazon closing my account off the back of it.
    Seriously? A high value item you haven’t received means you’re out of pocket and you’re concerned about your account being closed? 

All I can say is that shopping online with companies frequently and returning items consistently isn’t normal. Our company has a threshold where accounts will be investigated and we also ban customers who return more than they keep. Some are absolutely ridiculous amounts and if you return more than keep, you’re costing the company money. 

We also investigate customers who have 3 or more issues within a 6 month period (item not received, delivered damaged etc) as this is also not normal and raises suspicion. 

It’s unlikely you’ll get your account back I’m afraid. 
  • Undervalued
    Undervalued Posts: 8,839
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    sheramber said:
    My husband and I have used Amazon for many years and not had any problems.

In that time we have returned three items- One was a fake product which they didn't dispute, second  item was too small. The seller didn't want it returned but refunded me.

The third was a change of mind - the item was bigger than I realised.

I have had one item not delivered. I tracked to a depot 250 miles away where  it stated 'out for delivery'. I wonder where they tried to deliver it.

Amazon immediately refunded me when I pointed out where it was.

The item turned up 2 weeks later , in a rather battered box. Amazon asked for it to be returned and gave me a QR code to use.
    Yes, I am sure that is the sort of experience the vast majority of customers (myself included) experience.

However, there is no doubt that they have complex algorithms that decide when to stop dealing with a customer. I imagine there are all kinds of factors involved, far more complex than XXX returns and you are out. They are after all one of the biggest "data crunchers" in the world. Ultimately they have the right to decide (with very few limitations) who they are willing to deal with. Inevitably, at times, relatively "innocent" people will fall foul of this and understandably feel aggrieved.

Equally there are a significant number of people who, at the very least, resort to their "rights" without any thoughts about their responsibilities. Sadly there are also a significant minority of customers who are dishonest. Ultimately we all end up pay paying for this.
  • Ath_Wat
    Ath_Wat Posts: 1,504
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Jmoo said:
    sheramber said:
    Jmoo said:
    Given high value items & a lot of electronic stuff now has a code to give to the driver on receipt. Failed delivery should be a thing of the past now.

What is the full story?

I'm not sure what you're not understanding. I had two high value products delivered with one OTP, all three were supposed to be in the same box, but only two were delivered. I didn't receive the third. Amazon claimed the third parcel was delayed, but now insist it was delivered that day. I've spoken to the police and believe I'll be entitled to get my money back, but my concern is Amazon closing my account off the back of it.

They already have their account back.
  • Ath_Wat said:
    Jmoo said:
    sheramber said:
    Jmoo said:

What is the full story?

They already have their account back.
    Apologies. That’ll teach me for skim reading the thread. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback