We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Flightright GmbH

Options
hi all
hope someone can help m e on this problem I have with this company.
I claimed for compensation against easyjet for a 24 hr delay we had in July this year it was denied but with no reason I chased this up to no avail. So took up Flightright to take my case up on 19th of July, meanwhile I was on this website and was told to keep sending claims to easyjet as any slight mistake on form would lead to a denial.
after 3 claims I was awarded the full £700 me and my wife lane claim . So I imformed flightright on the 20th august I have won my case due the advise I have received of this website and thank you but won’t be needing your help. 
I I have now received a invoice for €240 and have got 7 days to pay or will incur a fine . 
Any help and advice will be gratefully accepted.
regards
Dom

Comments

• CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,104 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    If you have entered a contract for services then you will have to pay for it.

I am not 100% sure on German consumer rights in this aspect but typically it will come down to what is in your contract. I am aware that penalties are legal in Germany.

I will ask German friend (lawyer) any specifics if you need, but this is my understanding of German law.
    💙💛 💔
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 32,055 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    As well as the applicable prevailing consumer law, what do the contract Ts & Cs say about this scenario?
  • artigrass
    Options
    Hi been studying the T&C s it’s a 14 day period to cancel 🤷‍♂️ So I will probably have to bite the bullet and pay them for something they have had no input in . My fault for jumping in to fast after the 1st knock back off easyjet. Thanks for your advice all 👍🏻
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 237K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback