Morrisons More Card - is it worth it?

I've tried to find a dedicated Morrisons thread, but couldn't seem to find one. I'm a regular customer at Morrisons, and realised that a loyalty card would be a good idea by now.

Has anyone found the Morrisons More scheme to be useful in saving on your normal purchases? Or do you tend to be given discounts on products you'd never buy?

Comments

• Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,529 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    It used to be reasonable- the 'new, improved' version is completely the opposite. Worth nothing!
     I only used to shop there occasionally & even with the old card got a £5 now and then. Don't darken their door anymore.......
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
  • MSE_James
    MSE_James Posts: 1,164 Community Admin
    First Post First Anniversary Cashback Cashier Newshound!
    I find the personalised offers are fairly decent - things like 20 per cent off fruit & veg or 15 per cent off soft drinks
    Official MSE Forum Team member.
    Please report all problem posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • gesdt50
    gesdt50 Posts: 80 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Yes, they do good herring and oily fish deals and essential ranges
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,446 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    I keep an eye on the new 'personalised' offers and occasionally take advantage of them.

However I agree it's not a patch on the old scheme that gave you points including for petrol purchase, and gave you a £5 voucher every few months.

I have started to 'shop around' a lot more than I did while the pandemic was on and have re-started buying a few things from them. I like their French set yogurts and crusty rolls.

Occasionally I get some big reductions. A couple of weeks ago they were clearing out their bananas and charging 10p per bag.

Their wonky veg can be good. Wonky avocados for instance

• Morrisons is doing a Tesco type thing, cheaper prices on certain items if you have a card, just trying to bribe people into having a card. I have found Morrisons prices a lot higher these days than other stores.

• BoRacic
    BoRacic Posts: 33 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If you're a regular at Morrisons with a smart phone then get the app.   Have had a £3 off total shop (basket offer).   Also had 'offers' which i activate in app (i do them all, maybe don't get used) with various discounts of 10/20% on certain items.  Current ones are 10% off Cravendale milk and Strawberries (227gr) and 15% off fresh fruit & veg.  Note: these can only be used once.  ..   Btw, they have just started their spend over £20 in four out of 5 weeks from now to earn a bonus offer (though doesn't say what it is!?).    So, not great but depending how and what you buy, I would say why not?  Every little helps. 
    :wave::wave::hello:
  • olgadapolga
    olgadapolga Posts: 2,273 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    BoRacic said:
     Btw, they have just started their spend over £20 in four out of 5 weeks from now to earn a bonus offer (though doesn't say what it is!?).    So, not great but depending how and what you buy, I would say why not?  Every little helps. 

That's a better offer than I received, mine is spend £70 in four out of five weeks:

I won't be taking them up on their kind offer as Morrisons offer such poor value for money that I hardly use them anymore. The offers via the app are rubbish as well, often for irrelevant (to me) products. It was much better when it was the Match and More card. 
  • It used to be reasonable- the 'new, improved' version is completely the opposite. Worth nothing!
     I only used to shop there occasionally & even with the old card got a £5 now and then. Don't darken their door anymore.......
    That makes me laugh is it new or improved it can't be both. 😄
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,529 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    MACKEM99 said:
    It used to be reasonable- the 'new, improved' version is completely the opposite. Worth nothing!
    That makes me laugh is it new or improved it can't be both. 😄
    well of course it could be new and it could be an improvement on the old one....... but IMHO not an improvement.
     I always use that phrase when actually the thingie / product is worse than the original!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback