Coloured banisters - views and opinions!

2»

Comments

• It’s your home, do it however makes you happy. Purple and yellow for me, not to everyone’s taste, but everyone doesn’t live here, just me and I love it!
  • Mistral001
    Mistral001 Posts: 5,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 2 November 2022 at 12:00PM
    I am all for the use of colour. I use it a lot in my house.  The current trend for decorating homes like that of a Naval dockyard storeroom has never really been my thing.  But the examples you have shown of brightly coloured banisters frankly make the house look like a day nursery and not a home.  Try painting the walls at the staircase a brighter colour and keep the bannister neutral - two shades at the most.  If the staircase walls are seen from the front door, you could paint them in a warm colour as that is consdered welcoming.
  • ChilliBob
    ChilliBob Posts: 2,087 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Current thinking is tea with florence:

https://www.littlegreene.com/tea-with-florence?gclid=Cj0KCQjwqoibBhDUARIsAH2OpWi6OzHT0WHQPLig7rlCg1jhdni1Nd0BoOuuOksG6dzPU3ON9WDogCkaAje4EALw_wcB

For newels and hand rail.

Aquamarine pale for spindals and walls. 

That may well change tomorrow though lol

And yeah, some of those wacky ones, no chance, would give me a headache just looking at them. We have enough lurid colours eith all the toys lol 
  • Bendy_House
    Bendy_House Posts: 4,756 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    TwF is a stunning colour.
  • ChilliBob
    ChilliBob Posts: 2,087 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Yeah, we like it, plus the name for personal reasons - not that that should away us!

Thinking of this one too:
    https://www.littlegreene.com/canton

A bit like twf but less grey and brighter. The hall is sunny in the morning so I think the colour may work better.

I've never painted wood such a dark colour, I suppose I may benefit from a tinted or grey primer, however, I'll faff with that if/when this is a 100% go ahead! 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback