🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Existing Cash ISA Transfer which partially includes this years Cash ISA

Options
I opened a cash ISA this tax year for the max 20k and it has since been transferred to another provider along with some previous years cash ISAs totalling 50k
I now want to transfer part of this to another provider, can I just transfer the old tax year part of the ISA and not any of the 20k new one?
How do you know which part of the ISA is new and which is old if they are now all lumped together..
I know the rules say if you transfer a new tax year ISA you must transfer all of it, but does this apply when old and new are all in one ISA?

Comments

• isasmurf
    isasmurf Posts: 1,999 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 29 October 2022 at 6:34PM
    Options
    Yes, you can just transfer previous year subscriptions and keep the current tax year subscriptions in the existing isa as long as the existing isa allows partial transfers. The transfer form should ask have you subscribed to this isa in the current tax year and do you want to transfer current year subscriptions.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure