PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Give me a kick up the bum so I cook dinner and don't get a takeaway please

13»

Comments

• Making up for it tonight as currently staying at a cheap hotel at the coast and all going for dinner tonight at the linked hotel. Got a meal deal which includes breakfast though and have got money put aside.

Thanks for all your encouragement, really helps
    :eek::eek::eek: LBM 11/05/2010 - WE DID IT - DMP of £62000 paid off in 7 years:jDFD April2017
  • elsien said:
    Your home cooked food is likely to be quicker (given what you are cooking), tastier, healthier and cheaper... the only downside is the washing up.

Just hope you aren't thinking of putting any cream in that carbonara!
    Isn’t that what children are for? 
    Dont have kids and for some reason people dont seem to like it when you take spare ones off the street
    Excellent 😁👍
  • GillyLucy said:
    Calculate how long you will have to work to pay for the takeaway (or anything really)
    Once you realise you have to work for x period of time to pay for an item it may help to focus your mind as to whether worthwhile to make that spend.

This is my own philosophy on spending, especially is it's an expensive item..... how many hours will i have to work to pay for that ?
    It's very sobering and a good habit to develop.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback