Cheap phone needed - Vodafone

first78
first78 Posts: 1,044 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
My friend is currently on a SIM only deal with Vodafone. Her current phone is several years old and is less than reliable. She does not want to spent hundreds on a new phone. Can anyone offer any advice on what might be a decent phone to consider? I am clueless with technology and don't want to suggest something to her that would be compatible. She mostly uses her phone for messaging, social media and listening to music.

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    What phone does she have and what does "less than reliable" actually mean?

This phone is £99 at Amazon
    You can use the first link to compare the specifications of this phone and of the old one.

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    There are plenty of budget Android smartphones from about £60 upwards: any of them will do the tasks your friend requires.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • first78
    first78 Posts: 1,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    grumbler said:
    What phone does she have and what does "less than reliable" actually mean?

You can use the first link to compare the specifications of this phone and of the old one.

She is finding that the battery is constantly running out of charge and not charging properly. I suggested it was a battery or charger problem but she feels it is the phone at fault.
  • 400ixl
    400ixl Posts: 2,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    grumbler said:

I would avoid any phone still running a 32bit Android OS as more and more apps will only be released as 64bit versions.

The Chase Banking app is one such example which has caught a lot of people out.
  • 400ixl
    400ixl Posts: 2,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    first78 said:

She is finding that the battery is constantly running out of charge and not charging properly. I suggested it was a battery or charger problem but she feels it is the phone at fault.
    Does the phone charge to 100%, if so it is unlikely to be the charger. Try installing Accubattery if an Android phone and it can tell you the health of the battery after a few charges.

What phone is it?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure