🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

'3' Terminating my contract

Options
rebgershon
rebgershon Posts: 14 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 25 October 2022 at 3:15PM in Mobiles
My wife and I have been customers of '3' for a number of years. We have SIM only plans 12gb data with unlimited calls & text plus their 'feel at home programme' with free roaming in 72 countries. We renewed the contracts last August for 12 months as per Money Saving Expert's advice at a discounted rate of £8/month. The plans rolled on to 1 month notice plans when the contract term ended.

However, 2 days ago we received emails from '3' telling us that our plans will end on 22nd November and that we will be transferred to a new 30 day rolling contract. We travel abroad outside of the standard EU roaming zones and stand to loose our free calls back to UK as well as receiving calls without additional charge from UK numbers. 

Are '3' entitled to unilaterally terminate the plans and what recourse do I have if any?

Alternatively, are there any other providers still giving free roaming outside the EU?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• flaneurs_lobster
    Options
    Your current contracts may be terminated by either party by giving 1 months notice, which is what Three have done. 

Let the contract roll onto the new one if you want to retain your number(s).

For "free" roaming outside Europe? Not aware of any supplier that charges UK rates outside of the EU. There are some contracts that have more preferential roaming rates than others (usually marketed as "World Traveller" or some such) but they are expensive when compared to vanilla UK plans. There are usually add-ons (at least from the major players) that will give cheaper rates for a period but, again, not cheap.

• Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,106 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Three did the same to me (and many others) earlier in the year and there is not a lot you can do about it. 

As far as roaming outside the EU different companies cover different countries but there is no worldwide inclusive roaming. Tell us which countries you want to roam in and someone may be able to help. 

• rebgershon
    Options
    I am specifically interested in Israel as a roaming country
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills