We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cheer Leaders needed on the final stretch

Options

Comments

• skye_blue
    skye_blue Posts: 301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just opened the Yorkshire Xmas Saving account mentioned on another post - so another pot to fill as well as mortgage over payments - need to keep a balanced outlook and not make things too tight for myself - it gets addictive

More money shuffling today taking saved coins to post office to pay in tomorrow - £55 wow that was a surprise how it mounts up

Take care everyone

• skye_blue
    Options
    Checked mortgage account today and the £50 sent earlier in the month has been used to reduce my monthly mortgage payment - someone has messed up there - all overpayments to be used to reduce the capital!!

Going to keep a check on this.  I wouldn't mind but a payment made a week later reduced the capital so they know thats how it should work

Take care everyone 
  • Tahlullah.H
    Tahlullah.H Posts: 1,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    So annoying.  Do they have a minimum overpayment figure that decides if it is a capital repayment or not?  Seems  like a strange mistake on their part.  Just wondering if the previous payment was larger than the £50.
    What I do not give, you must never take by force.
    Mortgage outstanding - 30/12/22 - £25,900. 31/01/23 - £22,300. 28/02/23 - £20,500. 31/03/23 - £17,500. 30/04/23 - £15,800. 30/05/23 - £13,800. 31/06/23 - £11,300. 31/07/23 - £9,800. 31/08/23 - £8,300. 30/09/23 - £6,000. 31/10/23 - £3,000. 30/11/23 - £1,200. 06/12/23 - £00.00
    God save us everyone, As we burn inside the fire of a thousand suns, For the sins of our hands, The sins of our tongues, The sins of our fathers, The sins of our young.
    Linkin Park
  • skye_blue
    Options
    The 2nd payment was £500 but I try and send £50 per week as well, doesn't always happen tho and they have always been paid off the capital within a couple of days, just putting it down to someone's error but I will keep a check on it

Take care everyon
  • skye_blue
    Options
    We had our works xmas meal today, it was cancelled due to illness amongst the staff

It was lovely but we've lost a bit of connection with each other now with all working at home

On a different subject ive lost my prolific connection - it says login and then goes blank.  Ive also had unsafe message - any ideas  as this was the main one I used?   Might try and see if anyone else has had problems 

Take care everyone

• skye_blue
    Options
    Had a phone call today from our local branch of the YBS that I opened my xmas savings account with. They said it was a welcome call and did I understand everything and did I have any questions.  Thought that was a nice touch these days everything is a struggle to get to speak to a real person

Take care everyone

• skye_blue
    Options
    Feeling a bit stretched money wise, Ive sent too much to savings and trying my hardest not to draw it back out.  

Its feeling like its going to be a long month - Im always so busy at work in January and so February always feels a tougher month even though its the shortest

All work colleagues are in holiday mode, either jetting off in the next few weeks or looking forward to their up coming trips.  No holidays on my horizon for me for a while! 

Trying to keep my chin up

Take care everyone
  • skye_blue
    Options
    Ok so I feel like im treading water at the moment - letter re mortgage received its gone up another £20 a month - could do with some good luck to pick me up - premium bond win!!!

Ive been holding onto some rings that don't fit anymore, might be time to sell them perhaps - need to think I don't know when the best time to sell is?

Take care everyone
  • skye_blue
    Options
    Been a bit down and ive done a lot of thinking and checking budgets and think im going to stay working 5 days up to end of June instead of end of march.  That would cover the months I pay car and house insurance in full, the last 3 payments of a loan (my only debt) and the last of the payments owed for an overpayment of tax credits (going back years)

That would leave me in a better financial position and feel more comfortable on the remaining wage.  These things would have already been sorted out if it hadn't been for the big rises in mortgage, bills etc in the last few months.

Got my pay review meeting on Monday so need to discuss with powers that be

Take care everyone

• Tahlullah.H
    Tahlullah.H Posts: 1,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 23 February 2023 at 9:03PM
    Options
    Good luck with the review.  Hope you get a decent pay rise.

I had the same issue with my mortgage.  Have an Offset mortgage and the fixed rate ends next month  The discussion was the same, should I fix again, at a cost of £x or should I go for the SVR.  Like you, I decided the money I would have to pay to fix would be better spent reducing the mortgage capital.  Now waiting for the hit of how much the monthly payment will be - up from 3.5% to 6.3%.  I know it will be painful, but I just feel better not giving them money for doing very little.

Its a shame you feel you need to continue working FT for another 3 month, but at least you are doing it for you!  The extra money benefits you and makes your life easier later on, so worth it.  Plus, you are still close to the countdown, so not too long in the grand scheme of things.  

Can you see if you can fit in a small break?  Go somewhere nice just to relax and recuperate?  Can you get the time off work?  It sound like you need a holiday.

Stay positive, you are doing great!  I am always in awe of anyone who has the strength of will to sell anything on ebay or vinted - soul destroying!
    What I do not give, you must never take by force.
    Mortgage outstanding - 30/12/22 - £25,900. 31/01/23 - £22,300. 28/02/23 - £20,500. 31/03/23 - £17,500. 30/04/23 - £15,800. 30/05/23 - £13,800. 31/06/23 - £11,300. 31/07/23 - £9,800. 31/08/23 - £8,300. 30/09/23 - £6,000. 31/10/23 - £3,000. 30/11/23 - £1,200. 06/12/23 - £00.00
    God save us everyone, As we burn inside the fire of a thousand suns, For the sins of our hands, The sins of our tongues, The sins of our fathers, The sins of our young.
    Linkin Park
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure