Nationwide Flexplus account

Comments

• andaway said:
    Been trying for over a week to apply for this account online via the link on MSE and directly on the Nationwide website. Keeps giving me an error. Cannot apply for a joint account over the phone. Just wondered if anyone else had same problem? Tried contacting Nationwide and they said they had a glitch but IT dept were sorting it. This was last weekend.
    Not just you. Same problem here. Tried multiple browsers on a PC and an iPad to no avail. Was thinking it was my specific details but looks like at least one other person has the same issue. Spoke to support and the only other option is to do this in branch apparently. Wondering if its even worth the hassle if they are unable to fix an issue for over 2 weeks!!
  • Do you need it if you login with your debit card and reader?
  • clowning
    clowning Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    My pass number was issued by Nationwide, not selected by me. It is 8 numbers beginning with 6. I then have a 6 digit code that I selected myself
  • Daliah
    Daliah Posts: 3,792 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    clowning said:
    My pass number was issued by Nationwide, not selected by me. It is 8 numbers beginning with 6. I then have a 6 digit code that I selected myself
    The Nationwide passnumber is always 6 digits

• km1500
    km1500 Posts: 2,324 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    nationwide have a 10 digit username eg 0123456789, a 6 digit passnumber for online banking logon and a different 6 digit telephone banking pin for when you call them.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Do you need it if you login with your debit card and reader?
    If this is for me, it’s a passbook savings account so she doesn’t have a debit card. I think she declined the card reader option. 
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • noh
    noh Posts: 5,799 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    km1500 said:
    nationwide have a 10 digit username eg 0123456789, a 6 digit passnumber for online banking logon and a different 6 digit telephone banking pin for when you call them.
    The customer number (user name) is now 10 digits but for customers who have used internet banking with Nationwide since the beginning it could be 8 digits. I signed up with them for internet banking at least 25 years ago and mine is a 8 digit customer number which after all this time is ingrained in my memory.
  • elsien said:
    Do you need it if you login with your debit card and reader?
    If this is for me, it’s a passbook savings account so she doesn’t have a debit card. I think she declined the card reader option. 
    It also works with their ATM cards IIRC (which usually are available on their branch based accounts)
    She'll just have to order a new online banking number passcode if she can't recall and doesn't have any debit/atm card.
  • Been trying to apply to switch joint for 2 weeks too.

Intro offer of £200 is only available if you join online (not in branch).

Seems to only affect Joint Account applications, as I can sail through on the individual accounts application (unfortunately, that was just to test, I actually only want to switch our joint accounts!)
  • As per the agent, even if done in branch, will use a web form so effectively counts as an online application. Or so they say. 
    My only question is does it bode well that a bank is unable to acknowledge, let alone fix, an issue with their online systems for over 3 weeks now?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback