Basic JSA question

marc3marc3 Forumite
294 Posts
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
Hi ,
apologies its a very basic question but i am completely new to this .

just been made redundant-ring lots of alleged gov numbers /.visit websites and its all confusing to me.

very simply, i believe i can claim new style JSA (i have no idea of what new style compared to old style is )
then it talks of this univ credit stuff-is that the same or different-can i apply for both ?

seems to me that i need to sort the jsa thing out first and then possibly the univ credit.

i assume i need to register 'on line ' as unemployed which is fine-but all the gov sites -websites and tel nos seem to just go 'round the houses 'and you end up going nowhere and where you started .
better still-is there a tel no where you can speak to a live person as opposed to get referred to loads of 'links'all taking up time and  which take you nowhere.
i just want to get to the point in the shortest possible way .

hence-very very simply-can someone provide a direct link for i guess an online form where i register as unemployed and make a claim for jsa .

i.e. please keep it simple and basic -one thing at a time.

its all new and confusing to me

many thanks


Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides

British Gas prepay meter users... pay less for gas from 1 April

MSE News

The 'odd Easter flavours' thread 2023

What bizarre food stuffs have you spied?

MSE Forum

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools