Prufund Growth Fund In An Equity ISA ?

Options
My wife has the Prufund Growth Fund (Series E) in her Prudential SIPP. Over the past few years this has more than kept pace with inflation, despite less than favourable market conditions.

We both have significant equity ISA savings - currently in more volatile investments, and we are considering transferring a proportion of each into the Prufund Growth Fund.

Prudential’s website seems geared towards IFAs and it’s not obvious whether we - as individuals - can action such an ISA transfer. We have tried to contact Prudential through their website, without any response to date.

Is there a simple answer to this question ?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,597 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My wife has the Prufund Growth Fund (Series E) in her Prudential SIPP. Over the past few years this has more than kept pace with inflation, despite less than favourable market conditions.
    Although, it has high platform charges and the smoothing effect costs more and it is only really effective in negative periods.  In the long run, there are more growth periods than negative and you would expect the pru fund to lag behind comparable risk options that do not have the smoothing.

The smoothing evens out the ups and downs which may be easier for some to handle during negative periods but you must be aware that in the long term, its unlikely to be the option that gives the best return.

Prudential’s website seems geared towards IFAs and it’s not obvious whether we - as individuals - can action such an ISA transfer. We have tried to contact Prudential through their website, without any response to date.
    Is there a simple answer to this question ?
    Pru only retail their product/funds through IFAs or their own salesforce.

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Albermarle
    Albermarle Posts: 22,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    We have tried to contact Prudential through their website, without any response to date.

This seems to be the norm, their customer service seems to be very poor.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback