Insurance covering water loss

Options
2»

Comments

• QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 13,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Ah, they've done it on the cheap. Rather than fitting a smart meter they've fitted a smart adapter to an analogue meter.
    It might be possible to read the dials but you're right, you'd need to read it at an angle from (in your photo) above the meter, near the blue stop tap.
    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Taking a break, hope to be back eventually.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
  • Sterlingtimes
    Sterlingtimes Posts: 2,403 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 October 2022 at 9:32AM
    Options
    QrizB said:
    Ah, they've done it on the cheap. Rather than fitting a smart meter they've fitted a smart adapter to an analogue meter.
    It might be possible to read the dials but you're right, you'd need t
    Severn Trent did provide an entirely new meter set to zero with a new serial number which I blanked out. I now receive quarterly bills rather than half-yearly bills. The idea is that they will provide close to real-time data for customers, but this facility is still under development. NB: Yes, this is probably a modified analogue meter.

Otherwise, I have installed my own meter under the kitchen sink to measure softened water, i.e. all water except that used by the hose pipe.

More interestingly, I have deployed a LeakBot provided by my insurer. The Leakbot did identify leaks, and a Leakbot technician attended my home, free of charge, to investigate the source of the leaks. I am now leak-free.

All in all, it is worth monitoring and investigating leaks. Severn Trent is funding this to save water and avoid fines.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback