Can I move out just 'old money' from Virgin Exclusive Flexi ISA opened this year?

Options
With all the rate increases I've been moving money around and feel like I'm losing the plot a bit!

In Sept 2022 I opened a Virgin Exclusive Flexi ISA and:
- Paid in £10,000 as part of this year's ISA allowance (no ISA contributions elsewhere yet)
- transferred in a maturing ISA worth £40,000

However I also recently transferred another maturing ISA  of £35,000 into a Virgin Fixed Rate ISA which means I've now got the maximum £85,000 covered by the FSCS held in Virgin accounts.
Because the different accounts are never shown on a single screen/app I didn't spot this! (It's a problem related to the Clydesdale bank legacy systems?)

I was going to pay another £10,000 into the Virgin Flexi ISA before the end of the tax year, but this will take me over the FSCS limit.
And I can't pay it into another cash ISA.
And I don't want to add it to my Stocks & Shares ISA as I'm already holding some cash there, waiting to invest.

Can I transfer £10,000 of nominally 'old' ISA money out to another ISA, but leave the rest and add the remaining £10,000 of this year's allowance?
Or is there some other solution I've missed?

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure