🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Is this allowed? Transfer isa

Options
I have a help to buy isa which I am just using as a saving account as I will be using LISA for buying a house. 

Can I transfer help to buy isa into a fixed isa???

Secondly I have a regular saving isa which I can only put in £500 per month @ 1.7% which is rather low for today interest rate. 
1) am I allow to transfer this isa into my fixed isa?
2) if I can, once it is transferred over, can I still put money into this regular saver isa or any other cash isa? 

Comments

• masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,551 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 October 2022 at 7:14PM
    Options
    Yes, you can treat your HTB ISA as an easy access cash ISA.
    If you transfer your RS ISA to a fixed ISA, you won't be able to pay into any cash ISA other than your fixed ISA for the remainder of the tax year (as the fixed ISA likely won't accept deposits beyond a short window of time, this may leave you unable to use the rest of your ISA allowance if only interested in cash ISAs).
    I presume that you've not paid anything into your HTB ISA in this tax year (as you've been paying into the RS ISA)?
  • Free1234
    Free1234 Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes HTB ISA is sat there collecting interest only. 

To be honest, I'm not too fuss about RS ISA when it is just 1.7%, even my easy access 2.5% after tax is higher.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure