🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Virgin fixed rate ISA transfer form?

Options
Yorkshire_Pud
Yorkshire_Pud Posts: 1,864 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
edited 4 October 2022 at 11:38PM in ISAs & tax-free savings
I opened the isa online Sunday and answered the question about providing details for the transfer in of my ISA with Nationwide and the reference. I assumed that was enough for Virgin to start the transfer process. However one message in my online banking and an email state I have to send in a completed Transfer Authority form. I haven’t got one, haven’t been advised where to obtain one or if it would be sent to me or have to download or who knows. Clear as mud.

Does anyone know if the completed online form details are sufficient?

I just sent, maybe, a secure message in online banking but when I pressed send it cut straight to the virgin log in page! Presumably while I was composing the message I was timed out for inactivity. Can always cancel within the 14 days and go elsewhere I suppose.

Comments

• sparkiemalarkie
    Options
    I had this problem about 3 weeks ago......
    I ended up going into the Virgin branch and CS downloaded the correct form and filled it in for me...
    Sorry I can't help

sx
  • Malchester
    Malchester Posts: 887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I am transferring 2 ISA into a Virgin fixed rate ISA. The 1st is from UBLUK and theirs is done electronically as they were on Virgins pull down list during the application process. The 2nd is from Buckinghamshire Building Society which is not on their list of electronic transfers and it guided me to the transfer from.  Perhaps the easiest way is to click on transfer an ISA to Virgin  (directly under the name of the account) then where it asks for the name of the bank you are transferring from click that it is not listed and you will get to form.  I'm sure there will be a simpler way but this worked for me 
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    edited 5 October 2022 at 10:18AM
    Options
    @Malchester yes I did select Nationwide from the menu provided so fingers crossed it worked. They did ask for the form in the email though but that’s probably an auto generated message. Or not who knows, it’s all about Communication.

Will try phoning unless long wait er let me guess……
  • Malchester
    Malchester Posts: 887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    edited 5 October 2022 at 10:28AM
    Options
    There is a live chat feature that I got onto very quickly yesterday after waiting ages on the phone before putting it down. Have just looked again but cannot find it anywhere!!!
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    edited 5 October 2022 at 8:46PM
    Options
    Now Nationwide have brought out a 4% one year fix isa I’m hoping Virgin haven’t got my instruction!
    Its three days since opening the VM isa so within the 14 day cooling off period but if Virgin have made the request for transfer it could get messy.

Can I just phone Nationwide and tell them not to proceed?
  • A._Badger
    A._Badger Posts: 5,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Now Nationwide have brought out a 4% one year fix isa I’m hoping Virgin haven’t got my instruction!
    Its three days since opening the VM isa so within the 14 day cooling off period but if Virgin have made the request for transfer it could get messy.

Can I just phone Nationwide and tell them not to proceed?
    That's not a ISA, is it? AFAICS it's a 1 year fixed rate bond.
  • wiseonesomeofthetime
    Options
    Yeah, definitely and ordinary bond - https://www.nationwide.co.uk/savings/fixed-rate-online-bond/

• savit4l8er
    savit4l8er Posts: 305 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 October 2022 at 9:31AM
    Options
    Members with a maturing ISA can have a new 1 yr fix at 4%. That is not an ordinary bond.
    You can only see it by looking at the maturing option so not everyone will without digging. 

Yeah, cheers but nah, I will stick with yes,  thank you and no. 

Thank you. 
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    edited 6 October 2022 at 11:11AM
    Options
    The isa has been transferred so I will miss out on the NBS 4%. C’est la vie 

As Yaz would say the only way is up.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport