We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Sofa Bed Recommendations

2»

Comments

  • GiantTCR
    GiantTCR Posts: 132 Forumite
    100 Posts
    I saw, funnily enough the design is very similar to the one I linked from IKEA.
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,695 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    GiantTCR said:
    I saw, funnily enough the design is very similar to the one I linked from IKEA.
    I did go to have a look at the Ikea ones but didn't like the fabric choices and they looked a bit boring.

    I decided to go with sofabed.co.uk  because they were a small independent company with really good reviews, and they offered a huge selection of fabrics, plus I was able to upgrade the mattress. 

    The sofa itself is nice and firm to sit on (I hate sofas where the cushions sag and need plumping up all the time!). I will have to sleep on it one weekend to see how comfy it is to sleep on but just lying on it for now it seems fine! I think I'll still get a mattress topper for it though! 

    There's even an option for a hotel grade mechanism with deeper mattress, but I decided that would not be necessary!

    I paid £1179 with my chosen upgrades so it came in under budget.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

    No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.