Why is my dual fuel tariff above the price cap??

Options
Ljk900
Ljk900 Posts: 22 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
Hi all,

I checked my tariff today on the eon next app and it’s way above the price cap!! Am I reading this right??

Their lines aren’t open on weekends so I’ve messaged them on WhatsApp but I doubt I’ll get a response anytime soon 🙄

Anyone experiencing similar? 

Comments

• stewie_griffin
    Options
    See one of the other million posts created today about the same thing.
  • rp1974
    rp1974 Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    And tomorrow,the next day,the day after that,etc,etc.
    Having said that when I logged in there was a big black banner stating that their systems are updating the rates from those shown to the correct ones and not to be concerned as the correct rates will be billed,we shall see,in due course.
    Eon Next don't appear to be managing this any better or worse than any other suppliers atm,imho.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    rp1974 said:
    Having said that when I logged in there was a big black banner stating that their systems are updating the rates from those shown to the correct ones and not to be concerned as the correct rates will be billed,we shall see,in due course.
    Eon Next don't appear to be managing this any better or worse than any other suppliers atm,imho.
    I just don’t understand that why, on a day that everyone is going to be looking at suppliers, that when something looks wrong everyone decides that the supplier is ignoring the cap and trying to scam people.

Like a big neon sign saying “look I’m cheating you” or something?
  • The_Green_Hornet
    Options
    rp1974 said:
    Tariff details in my EDF account were updated with the correct EPG rates days ago 

It's an entry on a database table. Nothing too difficult imho 
  • rp1974
    rp1974 Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done EDF then,to be fair.
    Mainly misunderstandings and moans posted here though,as per.
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,656 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    rp1974 said:
    Tariff details in my EDF account were updated with the correct EPG rates days ago 

It's an entry on a database table. Nothing too difficult imho 
    Ask anyone who has worked in IT how easily a "simple fix" can go wrong!   :D

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• sienew
    sienew Posts: 334 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    rp1974 said:
    I'm not sure it's too much to ask for people to know what they are being charged for what they use. It's a pretty basic ask imo. Those on the lowest incomes may very well have a fixed amount they can spend on energy and without knowing what they are being charged from their account it's hard to calculate that. Others will get a massive shock when they check their accounts as their estimated usage (in £'s) has skyrocketed, the direct debit payment Sainsburys are asking me for is FAR above what I was paying or should be paying under the price freeze so it'll be a huge shock for many people seeing those incorrect figures.
  • Octopus has a massive banner saying........

"Important: Prices on your dashboard don't display the Energy Price Guarantee discount yet. We'll update this really soon.

You can find your discounted rates and charges in our email about prices from October – or, here's a full breakdown of discounted Flexible Octopus prices from October 2022 for every region."

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    sienew said:
    rp1974 said:
    I'm not sure it's too much to ask for people to know what they are being charged for what they use. It's a pretty basic ask imo. Those on the lowest incomes may very well have a fixed amount they can spend on energy and without knowing what they are being charged from their account it's hard to calculate that. Others will get a massive shock when they check their accounts as their estimated usage (in £'s) has skyrocketed, the direct debit payment Sainsburys are asking me for is FAR above what I was paying or should be paying under the price freeze so it'll be a huge shock for many people seeing those incorrect figures.
    Apart from the E7 day/night differential, is there anything that we don’t know?

I mean, most people should be competent to either read a table or do a subtraction.

Just because someone hasn’t come around to each house individually with a rate card on a silver platter, people are treating this like the end of the world.
  • sienew
    sienew Posts: 334 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 29 December 2022 at 6:45PM
    Options
    sienew said:
    rp1974 said:
    Apart from the E7 day/night differential, is there anything that we don’t know?

I mean, most people should be competent to either read a table or do a subtraction.

Just because someone hasn’t come around to each house individually with a rate card on a silver platter, people are treating this like the end of the world.
    I don't know about you but I haven't had a single communication at all from my supplier about the price freeze.

There is all the info out there but it shouldn't be on consumers to search out their prices, often using websites like MSE with calculators. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the supplier to show the correct prices.

You may want to spend hours doing research and on these forums but 90% of the population will hear about the price rise/freeze on the news and log in to check their prices on their account and get incredibly misleading information from their suppliers.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback