Bought a Camera on Amazon £449 got a packet off coffee instead

opened the box only to find a packet of coffee LavAzza .The delivery came on the 4 sept expecting a DJI Pocket 2 Camera.
Rang Amazon the same day, they booked a return courier to pick up the coffee. 
After lots of phone calls to Amazon, this is were they ring you back. And getting fobbed off
I am now tacking the mater up with master card.I did a revue on trusted pilot quite shocked more 1 stars than 5 
The Camera was for my Son

foss

Comments

• The first thing to establish is who did you buy from?  Are they an established UK company or a private individual?
  • macman
    macman Posts: 52,955
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Amazon, or Amazon Marketplace?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 27 September 2022 at 7:15PM
    fosspaw34 said:
    opened the box only to find a packet of coffee LavAzza .The delivery came on the 4 sept expecting a DJI Pocket 2 Camera.
    Rang Amazon the same day, they booked a return courier to pick up the coffee. 
    After lots of phone calls to Amazon, this is were they ring you back. And getting fobbed off
    I am now tacking the mater up with master card.I did a revue on trusted pilot quite shocked more 1 stars than 5 
    The Camera was for my Son

foss
    With amazon you only need to go to your orders page, click on the respective order and then click on 'return or replace items'. It should cost you nothing to return the item because the seller has made an error, and you should get a full refund, whether it's been supplied by amazon or an amazon marketplace seller.

Last week I ordered an item from a marketplace seller, when it arrived it wasn't suitable (it was the correct item but just didn't want it) I did have to pay postage because it was my choice to return when there was no fault. 

It couldn't be easier. I arranged for a pickup by courier and just after it had been collected - but before the seller had received it back into stock - I was refunded. 

You don't even need to phone. It's so easy. You do get your money back if you just use the orders page in your account. I don't know why you've had so much trouble.

If I were you I may - once you've got your refund - want to purchase a camera from another supplier.
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,221
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You mean to say -- you don't know how to take pictures with coffee! And Lavazza is such great coffee as well.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,058
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I didn't realise that trust pilot reviews for Amazon were so poor. Yet my experience over many years and lots of transactions (including lots of returns) is the opposite. So this means people review things when a) v annoyed or b) bribed, or trust pilot isn't to be trusted.
  • I wonder if you were scammed. I bet the coffee weighs the same as the camera.
  • cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 4,880
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I bought a DJI drone battery via Amazon Warehouse - so supplied by Amazon - but a previous customer return. It arrived sealed, but when opened it contained brown rice and toilet paper (to stop the rice rattling around). I used the chat facility on Amazon to immediately report this to them, and they instantly refunded me without the need to return the rice and toilet paper. 

Was your product 'Supplied and Sold by Amazon' - 'An Amazon warehouse purchase' - 'Sold by a third party seller, fulfilled by Amazon' or 'Sold by a third party seller, sent by a third party seller'?
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • Keep in mind that if you do a chargeback, Amazon will close your account and any accounts at your address.
  • @fosspaw34 how has this developed ?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure