Bought Flight Cancellation Service - Only Half Refund

I bought 4 tickets (Wife and I plus another couple) on Norwegian Airlines flight only plus extra £9pp for insurance in case we could not fly.  All on same booking which I paid for as a single purchase.  One of the other couple needs and operation and won't be able to fly.  Airline is saying the other couple can have a refund but not us as we are not related to them.  Whole point of the holiday as that we travel together.

We suggested moving the flight 2 weeks earlier when it is ok medically speaking to fly (they said "No").....we suggested changing names of the other couple and get someone else to take their place (also said "no")

This is the policy.  https://www.norwegian.com/uk/booking/booking-information/cancellation-protection/  

Seems unfair but I wonder what my rights are.
It is not MY fault that I never learned to accept responsibility!

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Those terms do include

What we cover

• We will refund your ticket in the case of acute illness or death of one of the passengers listed in the booking.
    so I'd have thought that they should pay out on that - not sure you have many escalation options (in this country) if they don't though....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback