Premier Inn closing during my booking

I've just had an email saying the premier Inn hotel that I have booked, will be closing for refurbishments during my stay. They are proving hard to contact at the moment. Does anyone know what they will be likely to offer me? It's in Central London and I'd be happy to be moved to one of the other Premier Inns in the area. It's this likely to be an option?

Comments

• Probably, but you might be asked to pay any difference in rate (or get a refund if the alternative is cheaper, of course!)
  • What poor service from Premier Inn. Surely they could have contacted you to offer some sort of alternative, rather than expecting you to get in touch with them. 

Premier Inn prices tend to increase over time, so prices at other Premier Inns will now be higher than when you first booked. Ensure they don't try and get extra money out of you because of their business decision. 
  • Probably, but you might be asked to pay any difference in rate (or get a refund if the alternative is cheaper, of course!)
    In the circumstances described by the OP (ie Premier Inn choosing to make the change) I would not expect to pay any more if I was moved to a more expensive Premier Inn, but I'd definitely expect a refund if it was less expensive than the place I'd actually chosen.

I'm surprised PI haven't already been more helpful.  Always found them very accommodating...
    In the circumstances described by the OP (ie Premier Inn choosing to make the change) I would not expect to pay any more if I was moved to a more expensive Premier Inn, but I'd definitely expect a refund if it was less expensive than the place I'd actually chosen.

I'm surprised PI haven't already been more helpful.  Always found them very accommodating...
    Me too, but since Covid I have to say their CS has turned rather poor due to penny-pinching. 
    I had a room with broken A/C and a window that wouldn't shut - I slept very poorly and did ring down to reception at 10PM to report the issue (but no rooms available and no tech on site to try and fix). 

No problem, I'll just claim on the Good Night Guarantee - or not. They constantly put up barriers to the claim, denied I'd reported it and refused to help. 
    In the end I had to get to the step before Small Claims for them to deal with the issue, and even then it cost me more in time than I was refunded. 

A huge shame, as my experiences before Covid were always very good. 
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,453 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    It's impractical for PI to offer alternative accommodation without speaking to the customer. If the customer takes days to respond to an offer of an alternative, that accommodation may no longer be available.  Depending on how far away the date of occupancy is, all IP may be required to do is provide a full refund.
  • TELLIT01 said:
    It's impractical for PI to offer alternative accommodation without speaking to the customer. If the customer takes days to respond to an offer of an alternative, that accommodation may no longer be available.  Depending on how far away the date of occupancy is, all IP may be required to do is provide a full refund.
    Why ?
    British Airways do this all the time with their flights
    If they cancel they will offer a specific flight that the customer might like  to be rebooked on.
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    TELLIT01 said:
    A simple email of the hotel you selected is closed, we will move you to this hotel and if you don't like that click the button to get a full refund before X date or phone for other options would be fine. So if the customer does nothing then they get moved and an email to confirm it.
    Only works in places like London where there would be alternatives to move them to of course.
  • TELLIT01 said:
    Why ?
    If they cancel they will offer a specific flight that the customer might like  to be rebooked on.
    Not much use if they've booked the one hotel in Aviemore and the nearest is Inverness, though - it's always best to check with hotel bookings and they can't have a policy for London and another for elsewhere. 
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,779 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    It would be useful for others if the OP came back and let us know how this all panned out, but they don't appear to have visited the site again since they initially posted, so we'll probably never know what options they were given....
  • ThumbRemote
    ThumbRemote Posts: 4,619 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    TELLIT01 said:
    Why ?
    Not much use if they've booked the one hotel in Aviemore and the nearest is Inverness, though - it's always best to check with hotel bookings and they can't have a policy for London and another for elsewhere. 
    Of course they can have one policy for central London and another policy for elsewhere. Why on earth couldn't they?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback