thanks for the answers

Options
124»

Comments

• MovingForwards
    Options
    Incidentally I just found myself reading a thread on another well-known forum on the subject of depressing/depressive middle-aged men who never become independent and live their lives in the family home with their ageing parents.   Below I've screenshotted a couple of comments from that thread.   Their not wanting me to be one of those sons, is no doubt a factor in my parents continuing to fund me to keep my tenancy going here!   Although you may say I've ended up in the same immobile situation, just in a landlord's property and at the expense of the state.  Still, it requires more from me than if - heaven forbid!! - I was back in the old childhood bedroom, Mum doing my washing, etc!   At least I'm living independently, and not just that, I'm overseeing a couple of other flats, too. And when I get a lodger again, like I always used to, that will be another dose of reality, too.  Better this situation than being one of these guys:

1:

2:

but your hardly that independent as your living of the state HB and your parents regularly bail you out and your still in debt
    why have you deleted many of your messages if you are confident you are doing no wrong eg housing benefit
    it sounds very complicated and think the council will maybe go through it thoroughly but thats just a guess on my part

Then I see several thousand views of the thread and I have no idea who these people are reading it.

I can only see 3k views of this thread.

And a lot of those will be people returning to see what else has been added in case they can offer any suggestions.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback