What to invest in for JISA?

Options
Hello,

I'm really sorry to add to the many many posts on this subject. A lot of them confuse me and I don't really want to go into old posts which might have outdated advice.

So, I have two jisa accounts for two sons, set up in fidelity. I want to put a bit of money into them each month and invest it. I wouldn't mind a low/medium risk investment. But I have no idea which to choose, there are far too many!

Can someone please advise me? It would be approx a 10 year investment.

Thank You.

Comments

• cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,063 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You probably want to have a look at the multi-asset funds and find the balance that suits your requirements.

HSBC Global Strategy xxxxxx
    L&G Multi-Index X
    Blackrock MyMap X
    Vanguard Li8festrategy XX

There are a number of other provider/fund options, and these are just a few.

If you were comfortable with taking on 100% equity exposure then there would be a number of other options, but I have excluded those as you mention 'low/medium risk'.
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • Albermarle
    Albermarle Posts: 22,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hello,

I'm really sorry to add to the many many posts on this subject. A lot of them confuse me and I don't really want to go into old posts which might have outdated advice.

So, I have two jisa accounts for two sons, set up in fidelity. I want to put a bit of money into them each month and invest it. I wouldn't mind a low/medium risk investment. But I have no idea which to choose, there are far too many!

Can someone please advise me? It would be approx a 10 year investment.

Thank You.
    You will not get any advice here. For personal financial advice you need to pay someone. What you get here are pointers based in the limited info available.

In fact the guidance given is pretty much the same year on year, and does not really get outdated.

To the list of low cost multi asset funds provided by Cloudog, I would add Fidelitys own range .

Fidelity Multi asset Allocator funds, also like the others with different risk level options.

If I was to give some 'advice; it would be to avoid low risk options, as it defeats the objective of investing to some extent.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback