Sim Card Advice

Options
Just bought first smartphone but have ASDA pay as you go money left on old mobile.  Am I able to take old sim card out and put it into new smartphone to use money up?  ASDA said I'm not able to get it refunded! 

Comments

• eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes certainly, although the new phone may take a smaller size SIM. If your SIM is not too old the smaller size(s) can be pressed out.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,224 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Just bought first smartphone but have ASDA pay as you go money left on old mobile.  Am I able to take old sim card out and put it into new smartphone to use money up?  ASDA said I'm not able to get it refunded! 
    You can get it refunded via voucher from ASDA, only because they are increasing the PAYG rates, you should have had a text from them, don't mention you want a refund due to new phone

"If you wish to continue using our services, you don’t need to take any further action; prices will update automatically on your account.

However, if you wish to cancel your Asda mobile account, call us on 2732 free of charge, contact us via the Contact Us page or simply stop topping up your phone.

If you choose not to remain an Asda mobile customer, you may be eligible for a refund of credit. All requests for refunds must be made between 26th July and 26th October."

Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 September 2022 at 8:54PM
    Options
    Not if you have already ported the number over, in which case the SIM will no longer function.
    Also, your old dumbphone SIM may be 3G, whereas your new smartphone will be 4G or 5G.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • flaneurs_lobster
    Options
    macman said:
    Not if you have already ported the number over, in which case the SIM will no longer function.
    Also, your old dumbphone SIM may be 3G, whereas your new smartphone will be 4G or 5G.
    If the old SIM has worked on Asda in the last year then it's all the G's. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback