Openreach delays for FFTP

Options
2»

Comments

• rchlwrd
    Options
    UPDATE:

Got in touch with the Openreach CEO’s office. They were appalled at the case, immediate escalated to a senior engineer who has taken the job off the agents/wayleaves team… and, in the space of 6 hours has contacted the housing association, discussed the job requirements, agreed and paid wayleaves fees and requested the dig work so just waiting for an engineer to be assigned. 
  • TGH
    TGH Posts: 52 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm glad you finally managed to get a result with your Internet and Openreach. 

I am currently having the same problem with them, there is a small blockage in the duct coming up to my house. This was discovered on the day that installation was due to go live (with Vodafone via  MSE link) 

I am still without Internet, tv and landline and we are day 37 post  installation! I have been getting intermittent contact with Vodafone, but nothing from Openreach, not even the form they told Vodafone they had sent me regarding the permissions to dig (yes I'm a tenant of a Housing Association) 

I am disabled and need access to my computer and my landline for medical reasons and I'm finding it really hard to cope now, it's starting to affect my MH. I'm going to have to start "stamping my feet" or get somebody to help me do it but I don't know where to start 🤔. 
  • casper_gutman
    casper_gutman Posts: 636 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Sounds like you should contact the CEO's office, @TGH! Maybe @rchlwrd could message you the details?
  • TGH
    TGH Posts: 52 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for your reply @casper_gutman, I'm beginning to think that is the only option now. I am still waiting for a phone call from Vodafone that I was expecting 3 days ago so it looks as though my contact there is fading 😔 

I would be most grateful if @rchlwrd could give me the details of who they contacted to finally get their mess sorted out. 

TIA 😊 
  • Alderbank
    Alderbank Posts: 2,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 17 April at 6:49PM
    Options
    Openreach don't deal directly with members of the public.

They might have done in the past but that is not the case now. Their website points out that they are the wholesale supplier and just deal with their resellers such as Voda and Talktalk.

As part of the measures to switch over all users from copper to fibre, the regulator OfCom requires retail suppliers like Voda all to have special teams to deal with customers who have medical needs and other vulnerabilities.
    I assume, @casper_gutman, that you are registered as such? 
    Vodafone's team https://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/public/documents/webcontent/vfcon098647.pdf should be looking after you and making sure your essential services are maintained, if necessary by providing you with 4g or 5g connection devices until the new service is in place (and working properly!)
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,677 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    @TGH you are better starting your own thread rather than resurrecting one from over 18 months ago. The OP in that hasn't been active since October 2023, so you'll be lucky to get any response from them.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure