Amazon Delivery

2»

Comments

• You must have been really unlucky as I have ordered 100s of things from amazon over the years and I can remember what item was not delivered on the day they said they would. A birthday card, which was annoying as I needed it for the day they said they would deliver it. 
  • Mnoee
    Mnoee Posts: 811 Forumite
    Photogenic Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post
    I've had plenty of items from amazon appear before the estimated date - one I remember vividly was a subscribe and save order of some cat food that was due December 29th and turned up at 8pm on Christmas Eve. I felt so bad for the delivery driver being at work still, I felt the need to act super thankful, like he'd saved Christmas. 

I think if you have prime and almost everything is next day, you're not going to have the same experience as those who do not - often the estimate is a week or so for me, and almost all of the orders arrive a day or two earlier. 

I had a similar problem to the OP when ordering a gift for a friend in a block of flats - I ended up putting a phone number, two alternative neighbours AND a safe place to leave it in the delivery instructions and he got it in the end! 
  • MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    I've ordered many things from amazon and can honestly say that their delivery times and dates are always as stated. I receive emails giving me a time frame (i.e. between 1.39 and 3.39 today) and also receive emails telling me where my parcels are - e.g. 'eight stops away' - always within the time frame given earlier.

I then receive an email when it's been delivered. I used to also receive texts but stopped them as I was fed up of receiving so many messages about amazon deliveries.

During coronavirus times I've asked for parcels to be left on the doorstep behind the recycling bins and that's what's happened. Sometimes I see the drivers as they are returning to their vehicles but not always. It doesn't matter. The parcels are delivered and stay in my safe place. 

The deliveries always come either on time or early but whenever they are coming, I always receive notification. I don't think I can be the only person who's treated differently by amazon.

The only time I have ever had any problems is when an item is not delivered by amazon but by one of their 'marketplace sellers'. i.e. not amazon.

If you haven't signed up for delivery notifications then it's a really good thing to do. 

But I don't think it's fair to criticise amazon - sign up for notifications and you'll find it to be a totally different experience. 
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,759 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 17 September 2022 at 6:20PM
    MalMonroe said:
    I receive emails giving me a time frame (i.e. between 1.39 and 3.39 today) and also receive emails telling me where my parcels are - e.g. 'eight stops away' - always within the time frame given earlier.

I then receive an email when it's been delivered.
    Yes, I get all that, my problem is that I rarely get it on the actual day that Amazan originally indicated it would be when I first placed the order. I do have Prime but try to avoid priority / next day delivery unless it really is urgent to reduce the carbon footprint as much as possible, but like Mnoee find that the items nearly always arrive a day or two earlier than the date specified at the point of ordering. By the time you get the email saying it's been dispatched a day or two before you were expecting it to be it's too late  to divert it if you are not going to be in (unless they are using another courier such as Evri that allows you to divert it to a pick-up point after dispatch)
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    When you get the email saying it has been despatched and telling you when it will be delivered , if you go into tracking  you can reschedule the delivery.

Scroll down  and it is on the left hand side.

• KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,591 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 19 September 2022 at 6:01PM
    I have asked for "in flight" delivery changes twice, been successful once.

First time they made a mistake with the address so re-routed it to my home, courier even knocked to check everything was correct.

Second time they tried to deliver to a Hub location Saturday evening- the business closes at 2pm and not open again until Tuesday.
    No problem say Amazon, parcel still with driver so i'll re-route to your home and it will come today.
    It went back to the depot instead where it remains (I appreciate there is limited service today).
    This was an out of stock item so I had little control over which day it turned up. Went from 1 month, then 2 weeks, then a few days!

Am now rethinking my chosen Hub location.
    As a Post Office they used to send Local Collect via Royal Mail, but since converting to a Hub it's Amazon Logistics who don't seem to be aware of the business hours.

• sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    ordered 9.30am, delivered 6.30pm
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    KxMx said:
    I have asked for "in flight" delivery changes twice, been successful once.

First time they made a mistake with the address so re-routed it to my home, courier even knocked to check everything was correct.

Second time they tried to deliver to a Hub location Saturday evening- the business closes at 2pm and not open again until Tuesday.
    No problem say Amazon, parcel still with driver so i'll re-route to your home and it will come today.
    It went back to the depot instead where it remains (I appreciate there is limited service today).
    This was an out of stock item so I had little control over which day it turned up. Went from 1 month, then 2 weeks, then a few days!

Am now rethinking my chosen Hub location.
    As a Post Office they used to send Local Collect via Royal Mail, but since converting to a Hub it's Amazon Logistics who don't seem to be aware of the business hours.

I would expect the issue here is Amazon CS not understanding how the delivery software works.
    Generally inflights ping on a scanning event.
    If the driver has already attempted or knows the hub is closed. They will have scanned it before the inflight request. so will have no notification
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback