Amazon Delivery

Seems to be a number of Amazon delivery posts here!

I bought a present, through my own account, for a friend living in sheltered accommodation. An attempt was made to deliver it today but the driver could not get into the building, an email said they would make another attempt, unfortunately my friend has to be away. I can give another flat number but as we've no idea of when the delivery will be made that's relying on luck.  The caretaker is on leave so it will be a matter of using the keypad eg *123

When I tried to change delivery details it seems I can't do that.  I would like to have changed it to my address, but it's miles away.

Is there anything I can do at this late stage ?

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Easier to reorder. 
    Amazon is simply too big to be making these types of changes
  • Whenever I order items from Amazon to deliver to someone else I get a date of delivery and an email with 'track your package'. On top of that I ensure they'll be someone in to receive it. Just saying.
    “Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.”
    ― Groucho Marx
  • kah22
    kah22 Posts: 1,825
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    A follow up.  My friend cancelled arrangements and sh received her parcel at 12.05.  Thanks for your replies
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,573
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Whenever I order items from Amazon to deliver to someone else I get a date of delivery and an email with 'track your package'. On top of that I ensure they'll be someone in to receive it. Just saying.

The problem I find is that Amazon hardly ever actually deliver on the day that they say they will when you first place the order.
    For example, I ordered something last Monday and when placing the order opted for my 'Amazon Day' delivery of Friday, when I would be in to receive it.
    ..Only to get an e-mail from Amazon later that same day to say that my parcel had been dispatched to Evri. On Wednesday I then got an e-mail from Evri to say that they had my parcel and would be delivering it to me later that day. Luckily, unlike Amazon, Evri have a parcel pick up point close to me and there was still time for me to get the parcel diverted to there so that I could pick it up when I was actually in on the Friday I was expecting it.
    Even if orders are delivered directly by Amazon they rarely arrive on the day I specified at the point of ordering, whcih makes a mockery of the whole 'amazon day' concept.
  • Whenever I order items from Amazon to deliver to someone else I get a date of delivery and an email with 'track your package'. On top of that I ensure they'll be someone in to receive it. Just saying.

The problem I find is that Amazon hardly ever actually deliver on the day that they say they will when you first place the order.
    For example, I ordered something last Monday and when placing the order opted for my 'Amazon Day' delivery of Friday, when I would be in to receive it.
    ..Only to get an e-mail from Amazon later that same day to say that my parcel had been dispatched to Evri. On Wednesday I then got an e-mail from Evri to say that they had my parcel and would be delivering it to me later that day. Luckily, unlike Amazon, Evri have a parcel pick up point close to me and there was still time for me to get the parcel diverted to there so that I could pick it up when I was actually in on the Friday I was expecting it.
    Even if orders are delivered directly by Amazon they rarely arrive on the day I specified at the point of ordering, whcih makes a mockery of the whole 'amazon day' concept.
    Sorry to hear that. But in all the years I've bought stuff from Amazon it's always arrived when they said it would, even when there was a postal strike.
    “Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.”
    ― Groucho Marx
  • ThumbRemote
    ThumbRemote Posts: 4,599
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 13 September 2022 at 9:49PM
    Whenever I order items from Amazon to deliver to someone else I get a date of delivery and an email with 'track your package'. On top of that I ensure they'll be someone in to receive it. Just saying.
    Do you get them to deliver to sheltered accommodation, where access may not always be easy, irrespective of whether someone is in?

Because if not, your post is utterly pointless. Just saying. 
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,846
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    "The problem I find is that Amazon hardly ever actually deliver on the day that they say they will when you first place the order."

They probably deliver 99% of my stuff when they say they will

• pendragon_arther
    pendragon_arther Posts: 1,295
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 14 September 2022 at 8:09AM
    Do you get them to deliver to sheltered accommodation, where access may not always be easy, irrespective of whether someone is in?

Because if not, your post is utterly pointless. Just saying. 
    Yes, all the time, I just make sure they're going to be in. Just saying... what's it got to do with you?
    ― Groucho Marx
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,243
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite

Sorry to hear that. But in all the years I've bought stuff from Amazon it's always arrived when they said it would, even when there was a postal strike.
    Since moving to a rural area 5 years ago I have bought hundreds of non food things from Amazon.  I have the next day delivery account and apart from a couple of times during lockdown have got everything exactly when they said.  
  • Like P00sticks, the only problems I've ever had with Amazon deliveries is their "Amazon delivery day".
    I will purposley choose a day when there will be someone available to take delivery. It's never happened to date. They've always attempted delivery either next day or any day other than that I chose! Result - nobody available to receive. Usually just dumped at the front door, in full view. Fortunately living in an area where there are no thieves!
    Also, in an attempt to reduce the number of delivery trips, I will place multiple items to be delivered together. No chance, separate deliveries for each, sometimes on the same day. What a waste of fuel and manpower/womanpower. B)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback