Alternative to Disklok?

Options
2»

Comments

• Just_Passing_Bi
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies
    I'm hopeless with technology, in addition, I suffer with MH issues, what may appear simple, I struggle with, may I ask, please be patient, thank you
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,365 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have an earlier version of the Disklok, called a Toad Shield.  It's still got the marks on it where somebody attacked it with bolt croppers.  They failed.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • Richard53
    Richard53 Posts: 3,173 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    hrh said:
    If worried about keyless vehicle theft, you could try a faraday pouch/box to store your keys in. It's a cheaper alternative and prevents the signal from your keys from being detected.
    Or a metal biscuit tin! That's what we use. It's inconvenient, but keeping them as far as possible from the front door helps (assuming the car is parked out front). The relay devices the thieves use have a limited range.
    If someone is nice to you but rude to the waiter, they are not a nice person.
  • baser999
    baser999 Posts: 1,140 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    At £140:00 I can't afford a Disklok car steering wheel lock, therefore, can anyone recommend a suitable alternative?
    Suppose it depends how much you value your car whether you pay that sort of money. If the cars your livelihood, or worth a few bob, £140 could be money well spent. Regardless of the security you use, it’s really only a visible deterrent as others have said. Trackers generally won’t stop a car being nicked, just ‘tracked’ and recovered easier, but at a cost.

• Bigwheels1111
    Options
    My friend built me a cut out switch, Wired it into the engine management fuse slot.
    Car ignition turned on, lights radio etc worked. 
    It just would not start.
    Wired it into a switch on the dash that was not used. 
    Goes your car have an alarm or immobiliser.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback