Bank account hack without breaking into (stolen) mobile phone
Just discovered from a BBC broadcast that online banking typically allows your cashpoint card PIN to be viewed. If your phone and card are stolen together, fraudsters can easily set up online banking on THEIR phone. A one time access code is then sent to YOUR phone, but unless you have blocked notifications to your locked screen, the access code will briefly be revealed without even having to hack your phone.
Just checked my Android phone and altered settings to "Don't show notifications" on Lock Screen. Easy to fix, but some poor souls had lost thousands in no time.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 340.2K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 448.3K Spending & Discounts
- 232K Work, Benefits & Business
- 603.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171.6K Life & Family
- 245.2K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards