Flight delay and car rental no show

Hi all,

I had a flight delay with Tui of over 6 hours. This resulted in my car rental company putting me down as a no show as I was 6 hours late and that is the no show policy. The car rental company (GoldCar) did have my flight number. 

As a result I had to purchase another car rental on top of the first booking, which was classed as a no show. 

Has anyone had a similar experience? I have claimed flight compensation for the delayed flight but just wondering if there is any possibility of getting a refund on the car rental. I have travel insurance and paid for the car rental on my credit card

Thanks,

ben

Comments

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I've used GoldCar once. Never again. 'nuff said.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • onashoestring
    onashoestring Posts: 1,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 6 September 2022 at 7:19AM
    The airline are not responsible for refunding you for consequential losses .

GoldCar - Do not rely solely on anything that you were told verbally about a No show policy - Check the T& Cs of the car hire documents when you booked the car hire - what does it say about how long you have to collect the car - when they have your flight number . Do they say that you must contact them to advise of the delay ? 

You can also check your travel insurance policy to see if it covers consequential losses resulting from flight delays .( each policy is different)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback