Challenge to make an extra £10 a day in September 2022 ~ 15 years and still going strong!

Comments

• CMD79
    CMD79 Posts: 751 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    CMD79 said:
    CMD79 said:
    CMD79 said:
    And £1.20 from my bank cash back this morning.
    Amazing! The little bits soon tot up don't they!! :)
    They do! Although for the remaining ~£130 of my target I may need to step it up a gear, haha. Main thing for me now is fishing out and photographing clothes to put on eBay/FB marketplace, etc and got a couple of books to put on Amazon too.
    Oh blimey! The thought of listing all my stuff just fills me with dread. I'll make a deal with you @FrugalAspirations, you do yours and I'll do mine!  >:)

Would a car boot be an option? If you find a good and get someone to go with you, they can be fun 😊

I did some ebaying earlier this year - hadn't done it for few years and it's changed a lot, one of positives is you get paid within days of selling 😊
    Possibly! I'll get everything out this afternoon and then decide. I've got stuff like a used once Air Fryer, so I'm thinking I might be better to sell that on our local community facebook page.... I'm going to get on with it today though!! For SURE!!! Hold me to this please!!!! 
    Spoke to a friend of mine this morning who has had some success selling on Nextdoor if you’ve got stuff you’d rather have collected than send.

ive taken some photos of clothes to sell on eBay and written the descriptions. Just need to actually list them now! A job for this evening, I think.
    Okay! I have started too! I have finally flogged my mobile handsets, and subject to them paying out successfully, I am £200 up already! (iPhone 7 and iPhone XR)

It's only taken me... 7 or 8 months of saying, I've still got a mobile handset to sell!! 

I'm going to hit Ebay tonight too and post the Air Fryer on Facebook! 
    November 2023

I'm always in it, it's only the depth that varies....

Current debt: £10,806.75
    Debt free date April 2025 (though expecting this to come forward)

• CMD79 said:
    CMD79 said:
    CMD79 said:
    CMD79 said:
    They do! Although for the remaining ~£130 of my target I may need to step it up a gear, haha. Main thing for me now is fishing out and photographing clothes to put on eBay/FB marketplace, etc and got a couple of books to put on Amazon too.
    Oh blimey! The thought of listing all my stuff just fills me with dread. I'll make a deal with you @FrugalAspirations, you do yours and I'll do mine!  >:)

Would a car boot be an option? If you find a good and get someone to go with you, they can be fun 😊

I did some ebaying earlier this year - hadn't done it for few years and it's changed a lot, one of positives is you get paid within days of selling 😊
    Possibly! I'll get everything out this afternoon and then decide. I've got stuff like a used once Air Fryer, so I'm thinking I might be better to sell that on our local community facebook page.... I'm going to get on with it today though!! For SURE!!! Hold me to this please!!!! 
    Spoke to a friend of mine this morning who has had some success selling on Nextdoor if you’ve got stuff you’d rather have collected than send.

ive taken some photos of clothes to sell on eBay and written the descriptions. Just need to actually list them now! A job for this evening, I think.
    Okay! I have started too! I have finally flogged my mobile handsets, and subject to them paying out successfully, I am £200 up already! (iPhone 7 and iPhone XR)

It's only taken me... 7 or 8 months of saying, I've still got a mobile handset to sell!! 

Fabulous amount ☺️ where did you sell them?

At least you've done it now 😉

Good luck for tonight!
    Make £10 a day 2024
    Jan £193.68/£280
  • CMD79
    CMD79 said:
    CMD79 said:
    CMD79 said:
    CMD79 said:

Good luck for tonight!
    We Buy Any Phone . Com!! I did it through TopCashback too, so I think I'm going to get cashback as well!

Thanks, though now I've sorted the phones, I feel even less inclined! My husband has ordered kebabs, so I'll see how I feel after dinner! I don't know what it is in my head about selling stuff, but I really hate it! I've been looking and written a little list with what I think I might get for each item, and it adds up to about £200. I could pay off half my Very debt with this months extra earnings if I just make myself do it....

November 2023

• $20 sale of craft box  started me on my journey of $10 a day 
    $15 from prolific studies
    EF - save $1000 in 2024 $70 saved

Annual Grocery shop $496/3000 - had to increase by $500 in March as groceries were so expensive, this is now $250 per month.
    March February $300 January $196

My Grocery vouchers not included in the annual total - I have $100 costco (Used January)
    Still have $35 Walmart and $25 Save on.

Started a diary to help me stay on track … @Time to slash the shopping budget and use up the store cupboard
  • CMD79 said:
    CMD79 said:
    CMD79 said:
    CMD79 said:
    CMD79 said:

Good luck for tonight!
    We Buy Any Phone . Com!! I did it through TopCashback too, so I think I'm going to get cashback as well!

Thanks, though now I've sorted the phones, I feel even less inclined! My husband has ordered kebabs, so I'll see how I feel after dinner! I don't know what it is in my head about selling stuff, but I really hate it! I've been looking and written a little list with what I think I might get for each item, and it adds up to about £200. I could pay off half my Very debt with this months extra earnings if I just make myself do it....

Hope you enjoyed the kebabs ☺️

Keep the Very debt in mind and get cracking ☺️ I think once you start with the selling you do get on a roll ☺️
    Make £10 a day 2024
    Jan £193.68/£280
  • $20 sale of craft box  started me on my journey of $10 a day 
    $15 from prolific studies
    Great start for you - well done ☺️
    Make £10 a day 2024
    Jan £193.68/£280
  • Positive news: just got £1.49 cash back.

Not so positive: my eBay selling plans have hit a snag. Decided to follow a couple of items that are similar or the same to the ones that I was going to sell, but they’ve ended up being relisted 😬

I think the problem is probably that they’re not very seasonal, although some should be ok. So might have to come up with another plan for raising money on eBay… selling books on Amazon also barely seems worth it given the professional sellers on there selling apparently new or as new books for a seriously discounted price.
    My debt free journey starts on 09/01/2024:

CC1 - £0,000.00 (cleared, 29 February 2024)
    CC2 - £1,993.91
    CC3 - £4,089.70
    CC4 - £4,783.14

Current outstanding total: £10,866.75

NST January 2024, February 2024
  • CMD79
    Positive news: just got £1.49 cash back.

Not so positive: my eBay selling plans have hit a snag. Decided to follow a couple of items that are similar or the same to the ones that I was going to sell, but they’ve ended up being relisted 😬

I think the problem is probably that they’re not very seasonal, although some should be ok. So might have to come up with another plan for raising money on eBay… selling books on Amazon also barely seems worth it given the professional sellers on there selling apparently new or as new books for a seriously discounted price.
    Ah. Yes, I'm wondering about timing on mine too. New school shoes - about 3 weeks late to list those unless I want to give them away for example! (I'm just giving myself the excuse now!!)
    November 2023

• CMD79
    £189.66 Topcashback today! If anyone's broadband is up for renewal, V have a great deal on for £49 including an O2 sim and loads of channels. They have got a deal this week so you don't pay the set-up and through Topcashback, £181 on this particular package! So, for me, I'm paying £11 less than my old package, over 4 times the Mb, more channels, and from next month when my mobile is out of contract, another £42 per month saved with the SIM.

I'm feeling DELIGHTED with myself!!
    November 2023

• CMD79 said:
    £189.66 Topcashback today! If anyone's broadband is up for renewal, V have a great deal on for £49 including an O2 sim and loads of channels. They have got a deal this week so you don't pay the set-up and through Topcashback, £181 on this particular package! So, for me, I'm paying £11 less than my old package, over 4 times the Mb, more channels, and from next month when my mobile is out of contract, another £42 per month saved with the SIM.

I'm feeling DELIGHTED with myself!!
    Wow - well done 👍 you're doing brilliantly ☺️

My renewal not due until January so will have to check it out couple of weeks beforehand.
    Make £10 a day 2024
    Jan £193.68/£280
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport