Challenge to make an extra £10 a day in September 2022 ~ 15 years and still going strong!

Comments

• CMD79
    CMD79 Posts: 751 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Overtime to add today - £84.84.  Not sure how much I can do towards this in the next couple of weeks as work and homelife really busy!  Trying to figure what to do with the fixed rate for energy that I took out a month ago - seems to be mixed messages about fixes at the minute.

That's good! We don't get overtime sadly... though, perhaps they realise how much I'd do if we did!!  

I've found it really difficult to know what to do for the best. I'm lucky though, that our bill for gas and electric is still around £120 a month. That's half what anyone else I know is on! We've got a 4 bed detached house too, so it wouldn't be the cheapest property to run.
    November 2023

I'm always in it, it's only the depth that varies....

Current debt: £10,806.75
    Debt free date April 2025 (though expecting this to come forward)

• CMD79
    CMD79 said:
    Right... I need to find some mystery shops! I've come to a halt!! 

Tonight, I am going to run around and think about what I can sell.... I know I have quite a few things, I just need to actually follow through and sell it!!
    You're doing brilliantly with a total of over £240 :)  though I guess you've got to keep the momentum going ..  

I've want to get cracking with this, but no time to do anything - will just have to call it my Research and Development time :)

Yes, it does feel like I need to keep the momentum, for sure. I've got some mystery shopping to do tomorrow worth about £80, and then I think I'll treat my daughter on Sunday. I really can't be bothered with trying to sell anything, but I know I need to.
    November 2023

• CMD79 said:
    And £1.20 from my bank cash back this morning.
    Amazing! The little bits soon tot up don't they!! :)
    They do! Although for the remaining ~£130 of my target I may need to step it up a gear, haha. Main thing for me now is fishing out and photographing clothes to put on eBay/FB marketplace, etc and got a couple of books to put on Amazon too.
    My debt free journey starts on 09/01/2024:

CC1 - £0,000.00 (cleared, 29 February 2024)
    CC2 - £1,993.91
    CC3 - £4,089.70
    CC4 - £4,783.14

Current outstanding total: £10,866.75

NST January 2024, February 2024
  • CMD79
    CMD79 said:
    They do! Although for the remaining ~£130 of my target I may need to step it up a gear, haha. Main thing for me now is fishing out and photographing clothes to put on eBay/FB marketplace, etc and got a couple of books to put on Amazon too.
    Oh blimey! The thought of listing all my stuff just fills me with dread. I'll make a deal with you @FrugalAspirations, you do yours and I'll do mine!  >:)

November 2023

• CMD79 said:
    CMD79 said:
    Oh blimey! The thought of listing all my stuff just fills me with dread. I'll make a deal with you @FrugalAspirations, you do yours and I'll do mine!  >:)

Would a car boot be an option? If you find a good and get someone to go with you, they can be fun 😊

I did some ebaying earlier this year - hadn't done it for few years and it's changed a lot, one of positives is you get paid within days of selling 😊
    Make £10 a day 2024
    Jan £193.68/£280
  • CMD79
    CMD79 said:
    CMD79 said:

Would a car boot be an option? If you find a good and get someone to go with you, they can be fun 😊

I did some ebaying earlier this year - hadn't done it for few years and it's changed a lot, one of positives is you get paid within days of selling 😊
    Possibly! I'll get everything out this afternoon and then decide. I've got stuff like a used once Air Fryer, so I'm thinking I might be better to sell that on our local community facebook page.... I'm going to get on with it today though!! For SURE!!! Hold me to this please!!!! 
    November 2023

• CMD79
    In other news, I did £2.69 of surveys first thing this morning!!  Took 2 hours to get to £2.69  :s
    November 2023

• CMD79
    £245.59 in total! Delighted with myself!!  :D
    November 2023

• CMD79 said:
    CMD79 said:
    CMD79 said:

Possibly! I'll get everything out this afternoon and then decide. I've got stuff like a used once Air Fryer, so I'm thinking I might be better to sell that on our local community facebook page.... I'm going to get on with it today though!! For SURE!!! Hold me to this please!!!! 
    Spoke to a friend of mine this morning who has had some success selling on Nextdoor if you’ve got stuff you’d rather have collected than send.

ive taken some photos of clothes to sell on eBay and written the descriptions. Just need to actually list them now! A job for this evening, I think.
    My debt free journey starts on 09/01/2024:

CC1 - £0,000.00 (cleared, 29 February 2024)
    CC2 - £1,993.91
    CC3 - £4,089.70
    CC4 - £4,783.14

Current outstanding total: £10,866.75

NST January 2024, February 2024
  • CMD79 said:
    CMD79 said:
    CMD79 said:

The air fryer will probably be popular - seem to be the in thing at the moment ☺️
    Make £10 a day 2024
    Jan £193.68/£280
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport