Screen with Envy - scam or just inefficient?

Currently very frustrated with Screen with Envy (SWE). I ordered their ‘3 large screens / 3 trellis’ bundle offer recently. After a small delivery delay my order arrived BUT one of the large screens was missing. I contacted the delivery company (Tuffnells) because the delivery was clearly marked 2 of 3 so it seemed possible they had the missing item, but they just told me to contact SWE.
SWE itself doesn’t seem to have any kind of after sales service. Calls go on hold for 30 minutes, messages asking for them to contact me go unactioned. Emails get answered by bots who promise a reply ‘very soon’ but nothing happens.
To add insult to injury, SWE even sent me a ‘can’t wait for a peek’ email asking me to send a photo of the screen in situ in my garden 😤

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a chance the missing screen will eventually turn up, or shall I ask my credit card provider to initiate a chargeback?

Comments

• sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 18,617
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Try facebook. They are active on there.
  • Have you got the missing item yet? It will have either went to the wrong depot (misrouted) or it's sitting damaged somewhere. Tuffnells could have easily looked at the scans for you and discovered where it was. It would have literally taken them seconds when you were on the phone to them as you would have the consignment number from one of the parcels you did receive.
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Some rumours rumbling that they have now gone under. All social media has disappeared and staff complaining they haven’t been paid. 
    Be aware the website is still live and taking your money though!
  • I ordered a large amount of over £3,800 on the 2nd Sep - have not received it despite repeated emails as they do not answer the phone. I paid by debit card can I retrieve my money?
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,226
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Tresooth said:
    I ordered a large amount of over £3,800 on the 2nd Sep - have not received it despite repeated emails as they do not answer the phone. I paid by debit card can I retrieve my money?

Ask your bank about the charge back scheme.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • AbiY
    AbiY Posts: 7
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I have the same problem, ordered mid-August but no delivery and no responses to contact. I’ve filed a goods dispute claim with my bank to try to get the money back.
    There are large numbers of reviews on TrustPilot reporting the same since August but worryingly they appear to still be trading on their website. If they have indeed gone out of business this would be fraud surely? Is there a way to report this? Other may be placing orders and handing over money without looking on review sites first and not knowing there’s no chance they will get their goods…
  • ss2020jd
    ss2020jd Posts: 603
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 28 October 2022 at 10:58PM
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,842
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    oh no, I was only looking at this company a few months back after recommendations on here. 
    Glad I never bought anything. 
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £45,189.63/b]
  • DO NOT BUY FROM SWE. I placed an order of over £3000 and received nothing other than holding or sarcastic replies to my numerous emails - after a stressful two months finally managed to get my money back from PayPal. I have since learned that they have ceased trading but still appear to be taking orders on their website!! Also you won’t find any negativity on their social media posts as they delete them all and block you - very underhand company!!
  • Screen With Envy stills shows as an active company at Companies House. Be warned, the owners have set up a new company TSDES Stores Ltd.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback