PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Too good to go

Options
We have recently discovered the delights of too good to go bags win win we save some £££ and the food doesn’t get binned.We have had excellent bags from Gopuff,the coop and a local chippy.
have you had any good ones ? Please share experiences
onwards and upwards

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 August 2022 at 8:33AM
    Options
    There’s a thread about it on here somewhere. Here you go.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6326841/has-anyone-here-used-too-good-to-go
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • t14cy_t
    t14cy_t Posts: 1,318 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ive never had a bad tgtg bag yet!! my favourite is our local costcutters store. always hit the jackpot there. best was £45 worth of mainly meat and cheese...£4 paid. yipee!! xx
  • bouicca21
    bouicca21 Posts: 6,516 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So far unimpressed because the shops involved are all a considerable distance away.  Today for the first time two local shops appeared - one an upmarket bakery (tried their bread, no better than supermarket, not as good as I make) and a breakfast bag from Prêt tomorrow morning.  Even if the Prêt bag is worth it, it will have far too much for a singleton!
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,567 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    We only use the Morrisons TGTG bags and we've had some good ones and some not so good ones!  We had one reserved for collection this afternoon and then this morning got an email saying it had been cancelled.  This has happened several times with them and it's quite annoying.

• sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 7,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I stopped doing this, way too fussy and/or eating things that aren't very healthy but was tempted by an M&S one yesterday, it was £5 so on the pricier side but very disappointing.  Three chicken sandwiches and some chicken nugget things, I only eat free range chicken and I don't think even i would risk out of date chicken.  Just bad luck maybe but also didn't pay any less than the yellow stickers that they had on them.  My other supermarket buys are a full bag of food.

Luckily I have unfussy neighbours so it wasn't wasted!
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • Beenie
    Beenie Posts: 1,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry to resurrect this thread but I don't appear to have the 'new thread' pink button.

I've reserved and paid for a surprise bag at my local supermarket. However, I was expecting some sort of code or directions as to how to collect. Can someone explain how the system works?
  • Florafauna
    Florafauna Posts: 258 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Mine are nearly all Greggs locally, so I only occasionally get them as the contents are tasty but very unhealthy 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback