Unusually luck for me... but a close run thing...

Bought sons Skoda off him at the end of his 3 year PCP as the P/X value he was offered was derisory (under £13,000)

He was happy with my cash...

After a month the engine died at 70mph and cruised to a halt, had it recovered to Skoda

They discovered a cambelt tensioner had failed, the belt snapped, the engine decided to self destruct

Car was on 40,000 FDSH (Skoda) but was 3years and 10 days old, girl on reception smiled with glee "its out of warranty" but 10 days later I had a new engine FOC fitted under "goodwill"...........................3 days later Cazoo collected it

A few points here, dont assume a new low mileage car is a good idea and dont be put off if a dealer tries to wriggle out of the repairs..(and if you buy a Blue 18 plate DSG Octavia I have the 2 year warranty here...LOL)

VW have since also paid me the emissions compensation for my previous Skoda

Now we all know how it felt to play in the band on the Titanic...

Comments

• marlot
    marlot Posts: 4,932 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Good result.  Shows the wisdom of pushing firmly and politely.

I had a company car, where the turbo blew at 60,020 miles.

The repairing garage told me there was a huge row between Ford and the leasing company about who would pick up the repair bill.  I never did find out how they divided it.
  • marlot said:
    Good result.  Shows the wisdom of pushing firmly and politely.

I had a company car, where the turbo blew at 60,020 miles.

The repairing garage told me there was a huge row between Ford and the leasing company about who would pick up the repair bill.  I never did find out how they divided it.
    I was not making waves as I wasnt the first owner, luckily that wasnt noticed...lol

• Impressive you got compensation for something that caused you no loss at all, "dieselgate" is a scam and no-one in the UK suffered a loss from the cheat tests
  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 14,861 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Impressive you got compensation for something that caused you no loss at all, "dieselgate" is a scam and no-one in the UK suffered a loss from the cheat tests
    I did.  You did.  We all did.  Except for those that claimed under "dieselgate".
    I did not buy a diesel car.
    I did not claim under "dieselgate".
    I did not receive any payout or comp-pen-shay-shun

I will suffer a loss whenever I next buy a car as the manufacturers will recoup their losses through increased prices spread across the car sales.  Both to recover their direct payouts under "dieselgate", but also a more longer-term uplift in costs to cover a future slush fund for whatever the ambulance chasing lawyers try to pursue them for next.
  • Impressive you got compensation for something that caused you no loss at all, "dieselgate" is a scam and no-one in the UK suffered a loss from the cheat tests
    Actually, the best car i ever had, wish id bought 10 now
    lol
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback