🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

3 roaming USA

Options
2»

Comments

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,575 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Just as an add on ------ I've just back from Canada where I had the option to pay £1.35 a minute to make or receive calls via ee.  Texts were 67p each. 

Rather than pay that I decided to get a sim from CHATR so got a number for $15 & for an extra $10 got 100 minutes of calls in Canada, unlimited calls to receive from anywhere, unlimited texts to anywhere (including UK).  And this is CAD not USD so total price was about £16.  I didn't use the full 100 minutes which will expire but I'm keeping the sim which I believe I will be able to reactivate the next time I'm there to visit the family.  The only downside on the package was that voicemail was extra and I declined that but it wasn't really needed.

Had the same issue of getting numbers right with the 44 0 stuff sorted for the UK so I could text my hubby and the 001 bit so I could phone/text family.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure