Virgin 2.5% ISA

Options

Comments

• Yorkshire_Pud
    Options
    I’ve not received an email confirmation of message sent, only of account opening.
    Better send another!

I sent them a secure message, I received a reply by email confirming receipt within minutes.

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED RESPONSE. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE, AS THIS E-MAIL ADDRESS IS NOT MONITORED.

Dear Customer

Thank you, we have received your message. We will respond as soon as we can, we aim for this to be within 3-5 working days. Our response will be posted to your secure message inbox which you can access using the ‘Messages’ facility.

Virgin Money
    Have you or anyone else in a similar situation received a reply or even transfer of isa citing the 16 day cooling off period?

I haven’t and am currently in a we are currently experiencing a high volume of calls queue 20 minutes so far.

Thanks!

Got through after 35 minutes, very helpful CS. My request is in a queue because a lot of people are doing what I’m doing but will be actioned. They have put forward the idea to others in VM that an automatic upgrade if a rate increases within the 16 days cooling off would be a good idea! Cited one customer is now on his fifth request in a row to move isa with each rate increase within 16 days.

The 16 days begins from date of first funding to the account not the day of opening, unless that was also the day of first funding (so don’t put a £1 in to open, wait for a transfer in if opening first VM ISA if you want to maximise the cooling off period).
  • savit4l8er
    Options

The 16 days begins from date of first funding to the account not the day of opening, unless that was also the day of first funding (so don’t put a £1 in to open, wait for a transfer in if opening first VM ISA if you want to maximise the cooling off period).
    That alone is very handy to know.
    Yeah, cheers but nah, I will stick with yes,  thank you and no. 

Thank you. 
  • JGal
    JGal Posts: 162 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 28 October 2022 at 2:03PM
    Options
    Have a 1 year issue 528 at 3.7% with initial deposit being a transfer in on 20th Oct, so 9 days in to the 14 cooling off. There is no new money from 22-23 in this. I want to cancel and move to a Coventry one at 3.9%. Currently been on hold 1 hour on the phone. I presume if I cancel within 14 days I don't loose any of the 60 days interest? What is the process in that do I have to open the Coventry account first to transfer in or do Virgin put money in a holding account after cancelling? Terms and conditions of Virgin say you have to write in to Jubilee House, NE3 4PL to cancel so presumably can't be done over the phone or by message.

Edit. Eventually got through after over an hour. Was advised that as long as I message them with instructions of what I'm don't within 14 days of opening I can open a third party one and transfer from Virgin to that. If there's a delay in the process by the third party so transfer takes place outside 14 days then as I've messaged them it's OK. Also the 60 days loss of interest doesn't apply

Was told that messages are taking at least two days to be read. 
  • c_smith
    c_smith Posts: 379 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They seem to have caught on to the multiple switching within 14 days of opening.  I opened issue 528 (3.7%) on 16th October and asked them via Secure Messaging to transfer the funds from issue 522 (3.5%) as it was within the 14 day cooling off period.  Got a secure message back from them on 21st October saying they had passed my message to the ISA team to process the request.  It is now 28th October and the funds still aren't transferred.  

There is now a new issue 532 with 3.85% interest that I would have transferred to, but as they haven't transferred the funds yet into 528 which was opened within the 14 day cooling off period, there is nothing to transfer.  Looks like they're deliberately running the clock down to stop people from keeping transferring into the better account. 
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Yorkshire_Pud Posts: 1,860 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 30 October 2022 at 9:25PM
    Options
    c_smith said:
    They seem to have caught on to the multiple switching within 14 days of opening.  I opened issue 528 (3.7%) on 16th October and asked them via Secure Messaging to transfer the funds from issue 522 (3.5%) as it was within the 14 day cooling off period.  Got a secure message back from them on 21st October saying they had passed my message to the ISA team to process the request.  It is now 28th October and the funds still aren't transferred.  

There is now a new issue 532 with 3.85% interest that I would have transferred to, but as they haven't transferred the funds yet into 528 which was opened within the 14 day cooling off period, there is nothing to transfer.  Looks like they're deliberately running the clock down to stop people from keeping transferring into the better account. 
    Same here waiting for transfer to 528. Will now send a secure message asking them to transfer 522 to 528 to 532 or if they would like they can transfer straight from 522 to 532. £0 balance in the 528 means the clock hasn’t even started yet as it’s the date of first deposit that counts.

Have nothing to lose, it’s almost comical but at the same time boring.

Logged in to open the new third in a row ISA and then sent a secure message. Look forward to getting a reply in about five days and a transfer sometime this year.
  • c_smith
    c_smith Posts: 379 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    c_smith said:

Same here waiting for transfer to 528. Will now send a secure message asking them to transfer 522 to 528 to 532 or if they would like they can transfer straight from 522 to 532. £0 balance in the 528 means the clock hasn’t even started yet as it’s the date of first deposit that counts.

Logged in to open the new third in a row ISA and then sent a secure message. Look forward to getting a reply in about five days and a transfer sometime this year.
    c_smith said:

I don't know whether to do that or wait until the money gets transferred into 528 first because as you say, that's when the 14 days starts ticking. I'm on day 13 since opening 528 and it's still got a zero balance, it's a bit of a joke. 
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Options
    c_smith said:
    c_smith said:

c_smith said:

I don't know whether to do that or wait until the money gets transferred into 528 first because as you say, that's when the 14 days starts ticking. I'm on day 13 since opening 528 and it's still got a zero balance, it's a bit of a joke. 
    Don’t think it matters as the sixteen days only starts when the funds are credited unless you want to wait it out for another issue I suppose at say 4% so maybe I wasted my time doing this!
  • steveksullivan
    steveksullivan Posts: 547 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 31 October 2022 at 12:00PM
    Options
    c_smith said:
    c_smith said:

c_smith said:

Don’t think it matters as the sixteen days only starts when the funds are credited unless you want to wait it out for another issue I suppose at say 4% so maybe I wasted my time doing this!

haven't followed all this thread but am in the same 522-528-532 situation

spoke to them friday and confirmed within timescales to do the last transfer but told to send a secure message

now not getting automatic 'we have recieved it .....' replies so on the phone to make sure they did...... transferred once and currently about 45 minutes on hold in SECOND queue!!!

EDIT: Phone call 1 hour 18 minutes TOLD THEY DIDN"T RECEIVE THE SECURE MESSAGE !!!

This is a  joke  .....

If they are going to operate a 'secure' messging system from THEIR WEBSITE and rely on it to receive account instructions it needs to work!!

It is NOT sufficient to just say ' we didnt get it, send it again ......

Second complaint ....

I was reassured however that the woman i spoke to on Thursday had 'raised a task' to complete the ISA transfer so there was no need to resend the secure message  ...... we'll see......
  • savit4l8er
    Options

Second complaint ....

I was reassured however that the woman i spoke to on Thursday had 'raised a task' to complete the ISA transfer so there was no need to resend the secure message  ...... we'll see......
    It's infuriating, I put it down to bad forecasting and greed. When companies offer market leading products, they should ensure they have the staff in place to deal with the increased numbers.......but they take a chance and hope for the best prioritising certain tasks which then impacts on customer service. This attitude was almost the nail in the coffin for the once top telephone bank which still exists but only because standards are low elsewhere. I would stick with it because in theory, once you are up and running you won't need much contact.
    I think Virgin have deteriorated somewhat since the takeover, I too sent a request which appeared to be ignored, a second one pointing it out worked but it was slow.  I still prefer them to some of the alternatives but it's a bad time generally, 50 minutes on the phone with Coventry recently, 102 in the queue 😂

Yeah, cheers but nah, I will stick with yes,  thank you and no. 

Thank you. 
  • steveksullivan
    Options
     I would stick with it because in theory, once you are up and running you won't need much contact.
    😂

Hi again @savit4l8er !

Yes.... unless they keep bringing out better rate issues within the cooling off period for the last issue ....!!

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback