Ask An Expert

A dedicated board for the Ask An Expert event, where, during a specified window of time, you can ask an expert your questions on a particular topic

Make sure to read the AAE rules & info first

The energy-themed Ask An Expert took place between 9-11 August 2022

Thanks for your questions. Our energy experts have now finished posting answers. Remember: our experts do NOT give personal financial advice

Energy switch gone wrong

edited 31 August at 3:31PM in Ask An Expert: Last Month (Energy)
2 replies 157 views
hunny_xhunny_x Forumite
2 Posts
Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
Where do I find out my rights and how do I find the name of a member of management when an energy switch has gone very wrong? My electricity is fine but the gas isn't. 
I switched energy suppliers on 8/9/21 my gas is still not with the new supplier. I've had lots and lots of issues also they have raised 3 erroneous transfers so far. It has been my worst nightmare very stressful. My complaint was closed without a reply. I contacted the ombudsman in Jan 2022 they raised 6 remedies and my energy company still hasn't complied with them. The ombudsman aren't keeping me fully up to date and they say they can't make the energy company resolve all the problems. The energy company tell me there are no higher staff than the call handlers to escalate this too. I have spoke with 6 different members of staff. Its very frustrating. The energy company are totally incompetent. And I'm not impressed with the ombudsman. The tariff was good and fixed for 2 years so i have to keep fighting.  Thank you.
2 votes

Ask An Expert: Not Chosen · Last Updated


  • nattyb2nattyb2 Forumite
    3 Posts
    Second Anniversary First Post
    Hi - I have a similar issue but not yet gone to Ofgem.  Have you managed to get this resolved?
  • macmanmacman Forumite
    50.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    nattyb2 said:
    Hi - I have a similar issue but not yet gone to Ofgem.  Have you managed to get this resolved?
    Ofgem do not handle consumer complaints, you can apply to the Energy Ombudsman once you are deadlocked or have waited 8 weeks without reply.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides