Air France - Refund fiasco

Options
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone could let me know how we can get our money back.

Basically we booked holidays to Prague back in January 2022 via Expedia. Air France then cancelled the flights. We kept the accomodation as we made our own alternative bookings. Expedia confirmed we would be receiving a full refund for the cancelled flights and then Air France confirmed that we would receive a refund within 12 weeks. 12 weeks came and went. We then received an email from air France in June after we sent in a complaint saying that due to COVID 19 refunds had been delayed until June. June has come and gone.

We tried to contact air France via email and social media. But they ignored us and then said for us to contact Expedia. So we did that and then Expedia said for us to contact air France because as far as they are concerned they issued the refund request 20th January and it was done. That's obviously not true as we don't have any money in the account and Air France emailed us end of March to says refunds would be in June. We explained this to Expedia and they told us to contact Air France. Air France just say speak to Expedia.

We are literally going around in circles and someone has £1000 of our money and it's been 8 months. Would a chargeback work even though we kept the accomodation or is there someone I can report both Air France and Expedia to. Both of them have washed their hands off the situation.

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Your contract is with Expedia. Any refund from Air France will go to Expedia. Has Air France confirmed they have issued refund to Expedia and when? 
    Was this booked as a package? Did Expedia organise replacement flights?
  • Emli
    Emli Posts: 17 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi we paid for new flights out of our our pocket, not on Expedia. They just advised the flights were cancelled with no alternative. It was a package before flights were cancelled. When the flights got cancelled, only the accomodation was left with Expedia. Air France refuse to confirm anything. They just say contact Expedia, so I have zero information on if the refund is with Expedia now. And Expedia is also passing the ball. I'll put in a complaint with Expedia. Maybe something will come out of it. It's really starting to look like fraud.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback