amazon prime increase

Options

Comments

• Frankie67
    Frankie67 Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Just a quick update, I contacted Amazon and they said if you cancel on the 14th you can take out a new membership on the same day. If you have an existing yearly membership you would receive a partial refund depending on time left.
  • MSE_Laura_F
    MSE_Laura_F Posts: 1,572 MSE Staff
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Just a note to say that I've merged two similar threads together, so everything is one place in this thread now.

Thanks,

MSE Laura F
  • cullet
    cullet Posts: 129 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am on monthly membership,I’ve just switched to annual for £79 with immediate effect.
  • Zoobzi37
    Zoobzi37 Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Amazon prime is an absolute bargain for regular customers. £1 increase! What's that in relation to what you get! 
    I have their deliveries every week. The staff are brilliant. Rarely late or any problems.
    I have don't mind paying the extra.
    I never watch their videos. That's a lie. I got a a fiver last week from them for playing a video on my phone.
    I have amazon for their deliveries and they are second to none. 
    If high Street shops had their level of service then many of them wouldn't be closing. 
    £8.99 a month for prime is the bargain of the century.
    And no I don't have money to burn. I'm retried on a low fixed income. That's why I have to make the most of my money. I also don't get any state benefits either and pay all bills in full. 

• Gooner999
    Gooner999 Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So to remove all doubt, can I ask a question based on renewals BEFORE 15th September?
    My annual renewal is due on 29th August.
    Therefore I am correct in thinking, I do not have to apply any of the above tricks of cancelling and renewing?
    I assume it will be auto-renewed at the old price (£79) and that the membership will be good (at that price) until 29th August 2023 when it will be auto-renewed at whatever the price is at that time.
    Is that how it works?
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,960 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    cullet said:
    I am on monthly membership,I’ve just switched to annual for £79 with immediate effect.
    Would of been better to have done it from September? 
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,960 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Zoobzi37 said:
    Amazon prime is an absolute bargain for regular customers. £1 increase! What's that in relation to what you get! 
    I have their deliveries every week. The staff are brilliant. Rarely late or any problems.
    I have don't mind paying the extra.
    I never watch their videos. That's a lie. I got a a fiver last week from them for playing a video on my phone.
    I have amazon for their deliveries and they are second to none. 
    If high Street shops had their level of service then many of them wouldn't be closing. 
    £8.99 a month for prime is the bargain of the century.
    And no I don't have money to burn. I'm retried on a low fixed income. That's why I have to make the most of my money. I also don't get any state benefits either and pay all bills in full. 

I must admit, I have had a few late deliveries and prime now seems to be 3 or 4 days on a lot of things nowadays. 

Having said that, I love Amazon music and Amazon tv so for me it’s worth the increase of the equivalent of £7.92 a month as I pay yearly. 
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Frankie67
    Options
    Gooner999 said:
    So to remove all doubt, can I ask a question based on renewals BEFORE 15th September?
    My annual renewal is due on 29th August.
    Therefore I am correct in thinking, I do not have to apply any of the above tricks of cancelling and renewing?
    I assume it will be auto-renewed at the old price (£79) and that the membership will be good (at that price) until 29th August 2023 when it will be auto-renewed at whatever the price is at that time.
    Is that how it works?
    Yes that's correct. 👍
  • Biffa14
    Options
    Just tried to cancel my subscription but it now only allows you to cancel on your renewal day… :(

They have already updated my subscription renewal to £95!

• Amba_Gambla
    Amba_Gambla Posts: 12,107 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    On the MSE article, it says you need to cancel by today (Sun 14th Aug) to get the old price. I don't understand why that is?

My renewal date is 13th October, so I'm planning on cancelling on 12th September (hopefully getting a month back) before signing up again before the 15th deadline. Can anyone help please?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback