🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Beware Lebara local calls while roaming

Options
2»

Comments

• jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,686 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I used my Lebara SIM in Belgium and needed to make some local calls. I was pleased to see that it came from the international minutes and wasn't chargeable as has happened with other mobiles in the past. It always used to be that calling a UK number was included but local calling wasn't.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • MiserlyMartin
    MiserlyMartin Posts: 2,237 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I tried to call Ireland on Lebara from the UK but it wouldn't connect. Fat lot of good Lebara's international minutes is. I had to use a VOIP provider instead!
  • UnclePennybags
    Options
    I signed up for the MSE Lebara deal in October 2022 (£0.89 pm for 6 months then £5.90) primarily for the EU roaming, but I seem to recall that somewhere it said that the roaming was free worldwide. I've since lost my notes about specific details of the plan.
    Does anyone know about this please: I've booked for Canada ... is this plan/deal of any use there or is it horrendously expensive?
  • mr_mf
    mr_mf Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 29 April 2023 at 5:16PM
    Options
    Lebara is ok in EU.  From Canada it's £1.49 per minute (for both incoming and outgoing), texts are 49p each and data is £14.99 per MB.  My suggestion is to buy a local SIM!
  • Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,106 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I signed up for the MSE Lebara deal in October 2022 (£0.89 pm for 6 months then £5.90) primarily for the EU roaming, but I seem to recall that somewhere it said that the roaming was free worldwide. I've since lost my notes about specific details of the plan.
    Does anyone know about this please: I've booked for Canada ... is this plan/deal of any use there or is it horrendously expensive?
    Lebara roaming is NOT free worldwide and Canada is an extremely expensive chargeable country. It comes under their Zone 3.

I suggest that you look at their website for details. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure