🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

October price cap electricity cost per kwh

Options
PK12
PK12 Posts: 3 Newbie
First Anniversary First Post
Does any one have any idea what the price will be per kwh in October. It is currently about 28p.

Comments

• QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 13,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    There are several guesstimates on this forum at present, typically around 42p/kWh.
    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Taking a break, hope to be back eventually.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
  • wild666
    wild666 Posts: 2,126 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm guessing that it will be around to 42p to 43p mark for electric and 10.9p to 11.4p for gas so at least £2500 before any SC's are added.
    Someone please tell me what money is
  • oellph
    oellph Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sounds right. BG offering a fixed 12 month right now at 41p per unit for elec.
  • savers_united
    Options
    wild666 said:
    I'm guessing that it will be around to 42p to 43p mark for electric and 10.9p to 11.4p for gas so at least £2500 before any SC's are added.
    Is that Gas rate a finger in the air or is it based on actual data.
    If that is going to be close to new cap rate in Oct then tracker with an 11p cap is going to be a good option now with it some days below the SVT.

I may speak with Octopus tomorrow to see what the 11p cap on tracker means in terms of guarantee over the next 12mths.
  • Mstty
    Mstty Posts: 4,209 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    wild666 said:
    Is that Gas rate a finger in the air or is it based on actual data.
    If that is going to be close to new cap rate in Oct then tracker with an 11p cap is going to be a good option now with it some days below the SVT.

I may speak with Octopus tomorrow to see what the 11p cap on tracker means in terms of guarantee over the next 12mths.
    So if you take how the April 2022 increases were split between gas and electricity and take into account the Cornwall Insights new price cap prediction I concur that both the following could be true

• michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,100 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I did some reverse calcs when £2800 cap was being banded about and got 11.8p for gas.  Will be more again if the new £2980 figure is correct. 

Don't know why the forecasts for £2800 etc don't break it down even between gas and electricity let alone into per kwh, I googled their press releases and found nothing :(
    I think....
  • pochase
    pochase Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    But they do. This is the one Martin was referring to last week, and it is broken down.

https://www.cornwall-insight.com/press/cornwall-insight-comments-on-its-january-default-tariff-cap-forecast-rising-to-3000-for-a-typical-user/

Maybe another one of let's stick with just one figure like the 54%? This single figures are much nicer for headlines.
  • jrawle
    jrawle Posts: 615 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Do we think the standing charge will be about the same, or is there a chance Ofgem will cut this, resulting in a higher cost per unit? There has been talk of Ofgem looking to cut standing charges for October.
  • si_74
    si_74 Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Whether the standing charge is a factor in deciding what to do or not will largely be dependant on usage. I don't know whether it will go up, down or stay that same. I am a higher end user of energy it seems and for me that current standing charges (SVT) make up just over 6% of my bill so it is the unit rate that is by far the majority of the bill. I am sure many will be the same but maybe haven't realised.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 4 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure