Solo MF wannabe (as soon as I can be... at least by 2032)
As the title suggests I’m a solo buyer (Female, just turned 30) and a MFW, 18 months ago I purchased by forever home and have finally finished the renovations so I’m now in a position to try and commit to some regular mortgage OPs.
I’ll be using this thread to keep myself accountable. As you can see below I have made substantial overpayments over the past 6 years but have never committed to this on a regular basis, my aim is to be MF as soon as possible but at least by the time I am 40 (ten years away in 2032).
A brief summary of my MF journey so far:
- Early 2016: Purchased a three bed semi with a former partner, who put down the majority of the deposit as I had just graduated outstanding balance -£184,000
- May 2019: Bought former partner out of property and became a solo owner, paying back his deposit and share of equity in the process.
- December 2020: Sold my first home and took a further advance of £18,000 on the mortgage to purchase and renovate my forever home, a 4 bed detached in another town. A new kitchen, media wall, every room decorated, new radiators and new carpets throughout meant my mortgage at this point stood at -£105,000
As it stands (June 2022)
Further advance: -£10,360.79
Current Redemption Date: December 2034
- All Categories
- 340.1K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 448.3K Spending & Discounts
- 231.9K Work, Benefits & Business
- 603K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171.6K Life & Family
- 245.1K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards